• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    my Current NFA Trust has 2 beneficiaries: my boys 3 and 5 years old. 3 Trustees, one of them whom is in California where Suppressors and hicap magazines are not legal.

Now after 41F starts, can I legally set up another NFA Trust with different Trustees and Beneficiaries, just so I don't have to drag the people on my other trust to the PD to get fingerprinted.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    my Current NFA Trust has 2 beneficiaries: my boys 3 and 5 years old. 3 Trustees, one of them whom is in California where Suppressors and hicap magazines are not legal.

Now after 41F starts, can I legally set up another NFA Trust with different Trustees and Beneficiaries, just so I don't have to drag the people on my other trust to the PD to get fingerprinted.
    yeah but the NFA items in your current trust will not be able to be on that one unless you pay $200 per item and do the paperwork all over.
    If you are just wanting to set up a new trust for seperate and new NFA items then sure

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just remove the fellow located in the "People's Democratic Republic of California" as a Trustee...buy whatever NFA items you want and add them to the trust. Once you're done, add him as a Trustee after you get the tax stamps. I didn't see anything in 41F that prohibits adding a Trustee after the fact. That's why I think it was a stupid rule to begin with...

And I don't think it matters if he's in CA anyways. All you need is a finger print card and photo...you don't put trustee addresses on the Trust anyways. Just don't ship him any NFA items and ask him to hold it for you! :D:D

Am I incorrect?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    The person in California is a trusted lifelong friend of mine whom I've known over 30 years. If anything happened to me he is THE one who will handle all my "stuff", not just the guns. He's a much more capable person than my wife on these matters. He's on the original Trust document and I need him to be on the trust for real. My other trustee is local Hoosier, a mentor of mine and he's not getting any younger.

My idea is to leave this current trust AS-IS after the 41F taking effect, set up a new, simple trust if I decide to get more NFA items later.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    The person in California is a trusted lifelong friend of mine whom I've known over 30 years. If anything happened to me he is THE one who will handle all my "stuff", not just the guns. He's a much more capable person than my wife on these matters. He's on the original Trust document and I need him to be on the trust for real. My other trustee is local Hoosier, a mentor of mine and he's not getting any younger.

My idea is to leave this current trust AS-IS after the 41F taking effect, set up a new, simple trust if I decide to get more NFA items later.

Or remove everyone from the trust but yourself, submit NFA paperwork, get NFA item, add individuals back to trust.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Or remove everyone from the trust but yourself, submit NFA paperwork, get NFA item, add individuals back to trust.

People keep saying this... But when you submit for things such as when you efile a form1 don't you also have to upload all amendments? So if this would be done a time or two that'd be a lot of paperwork!

I don't know if this is how it works or not, but if it is then I personally wouldn't want to do it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    People keep saying this... But when you submit for things such as when you efile a form1 don't you also have to upload all amendments? So if this would be done a time or two that'd be a lot of paperwork!

I don't know if this is how it works or not, but if it is then I personally wouldn't want to do it.

Then don't e-file?

I submitted a paper form 1 2 weeks ago cause the wait time was going back up for e-file and if I have to pay the $200 tax, I want an actual stamp

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Then don't e-file?

I submitted a paper form 1 2 weeks ago cause the wait time was going back up for e-file and if I have to pay the $200 tax, I want an actual stamp

That's true, so you only ever have to send the current trust with the mail in option? Efile I'm assuming will be gone anyhow due to all of these changes.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    That's true, so you only ever have to send the current trust with the mail in option? Efile I'm assuming will be gone anyhow due to all of these changes.

Yea I don't really understand how efile is going to work when this takes effect.

But no, you do not need to submit any amendments with your trust, at least to my knowledge. Just submit it in its current form. How would they know?

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yea I don't really understand how efile is going to work when this takes effect.

I wonder if the ATF understands how 41F will work once it takes effect...all because the POTUS says this is the way the worst criminals legally obtain the most dangerous weapons. Get real!

I don't see how it can be used once pictures and prints will be required.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I debated doing two trusts as well. My plan was to hurry up and get anything I would want.... FOREVER, but we all know how that works. About a year from now I'll be drooling over some new wiz-bang NFA thing I need and I might just have to have it. My plan was to have only myself, my wife, and a friend that is like a brother on that one. Getting my wife printed etc every couple years isnt too tough, and my buddy will likely have me on his trust as well once he starts one. Swapping pictures and prints once and a while would be a great excuse to go shoot.
    I pray the whole things gets delayed and eventually scrapped, but that would be too convenient.

Top Bottom