• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Does a transfered weapon need to be present at the end recievers FFL before a 4473 can be filled out?

I.E. I bought a Rifle on Gunbroker and it is currently in transit to my FFL. If I have serial number and details can I start the paperwork before the FFL recieves it from the out of state store?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Does a transfered weapon need to be present at the end recievers FFL before a 4473 can be filled out?

I.E. I bought a Rifle on Gunbroker and it is currently in transit to my FFL. If I have serial number and details can I start the paperwork before the FFL recieves it from the out of state store?
    I doubt the dealer would do it as he has to do all the same paperwork if you don't get or take the rifle. In other words anytime he requests from the ATF the clearance to transfer you a gun, it must be entered into his book. As has been stated it only takes 5 or 10 minutes to do the transaction so wouldn't save any time.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    It would if you can pattern you GO and delay out of the NICS check. My Last sale at Tactical Shotgunner I told her it was a delay before she called. Same with the 2 purchases before. I also called the GO prior to all of that. But my pattern apparently isnt good enough for a UPIN.

Basically It would save me the 3 day way of a Delay.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    what if someone gets a gun transferred, the receiving FFL receives it, the purchaser fills out the 4473 and is denied.. what happens after that ??

Does the FFL keep the gun? does it go back to the seller? Always wondered that.

/off topic post :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    what if someone gets a gun transferred, the receiving FFL receives it, the purchaser fills out the 4473 and is denied.. what happens after that ??

Does the FFL keep the gun? does it go back to the seller? Always wondered that.

/off topic post :D
    At no time does the gun shop own the gun nor can they sell, trade etc with it unless approved by buyer.
    it can be shipped back to seller, if they agree to it. It can be held at gun store during the appeal process or it can be sold at receiving gun store with money, minus a fee, going to the buyer.

Top Bottom