• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My wife and I moved to Lancaster County, PA in April. After waiting for residency to be established, getting our new drivers' license, etc, etc, etc, we finally took a 1/2 day of vacation on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to head to the Sheriff's office to apply for our PA Licenses To Carry Firearms.

We walked in with our pre-typed applications, and handed over our $25/each. It was a busy day, but finally, 45 minutes later, we both walked out with our laminated LTCFs! They even took our picture for these licenses. I think it took us longer to get our drivers' licenses!

:rockwoot:

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    My wife and I moved to Lancaster County, PA in April. After waiting for residency to be established, getting our new drivers' license, etc, etc, etc, we finally took a 1/2 day of vacation on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to head to the Sheriff's office to apply for our PA Licenses To Carry Firearms.

We walked in with our pre-typed applications, and handed over our $25/each. It was a busy day, but finally, 45 minutes later, we both walked out with our laminated LTCFs! They even took our picture for these licenses. I think it took us longer to get our drivers' licenses!

:rockwoot:
    Good county, some counties it takes fornever!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Welcome to PA Dutch Country!!! ... I grew up there (well Lebanon Co., just north). Good Place; wish I had more time to go visit friends and family 'back home'. Good Job on the LTCF (is that the correct title?)

JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Welcome to PA Dutch Country!!! ... I grew up there (well Lebanon Co., just north). Good Place; wish I had more time to go visit friends and family 'back home'. Good Job on the LTCF (is that the correct title?)

Thanks, Bill. We are living in Lititz.

Yes, LTCF is the correct title in PA. They call it a License To Carry Firearms. In my research, I discovered that I could OC without a license. However, I could not carry my firearm in my car without my license. So, as long as I walked everywhere and OCd, I would have been OK. Kind of an interesting arrangement.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thanks, Bill. We are living in Lititz.

Yes, LTCF is the correct title in PA. They call it a License To Carry Firearms. In my research, I discovered that I could OC without a license. However, I could not carry my firearm in my car without my license. So, as long as I walked everywhere and OCd, I would have been OK. Kind of an interesting arrangement.

In the research I did before visiting you guys and when we helped you move out there, I recall being struck with how "friendly" the state is towards guns overall. There are still some quirks, as in most places, but it was pretty nice. One thing that I especially recall reading was that there is a provision that if a man has the LTCF but his wife does not, she may still legally drive the car even if a gun is still in it. There may be some qualifiers such as the gun being in the trunk or unloaded, but I don't recall exactly. But I thought it was very nice to see that specific exemption in the law.

Glad you guys are all licensed up now!

JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In the research I did before visiting you guys and when we helped you move out there, I recall being struck with how "friendly" the state is towards guns overall.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised to discover that, too, given it's "Blue State" status. I have learned that a lot of that is driven by how populous Philly is. That city has a huge impact in which way the state goes.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    HA! i just moved back to Indiana in January from Lancaster, be sure to see the kind folks at Gap Guns, just head out RT. 30 east till you get to the wawa in Gap, turn right, it's right by the clock tower, and right down the street from there is Lancaster Co. Rod and Gun club, little outdoor range, LOW member fees, 25$ first year and 20$ a year after that. I lived there for about 5 years, anything you need to know shoot me a PM!!!

JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    HA! i just moved back to Indiana in January from Lancaster, be sure to see the kind folks at Gap Guns, just head out RT. 30 east till you get to the wawa in Gap, turn right, it's right by the clock tower, and right down the street from there is Lancaster Co. Rod and Gun club, little outdoor range, LOW member fees, 25$ first year and 20$ a year after that. I lived there for about 5 years, anything you need to know shoot me a PM!!!

Hey, thanks! I actually stopped in at Gap Guns once right after I moved here in April. I will need to check out the Rod & Gun club. I have been looking for a place to practice.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Yeah, I was kind of surprised to discover that, too, given it's "Blue State" status. I have learned that a lot of that is driven by how populous Philly is. That city has a huge impact in which way the state goes.

Its BLUE in Philly ... or worse ... Same in Pittsburgh ... the rest of the state is sometime called "the Alabama of the north" ... and is very 2A friendly. ...

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    yepper! ok if you know where 741 is (the road the parallels rt. 30) as you're passing gap gun on your right, take a right at that light to go over the creek, comes to a STOP *unless turning right, at that point you're on 741, look to the left for Smyma Rd. take that up the hill and you'll see to the right is the club, talk to someone inside to get all set up!

Top Bottom