• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sweet! 5 Guys Burgers is rolling out the new Coke Freestyle machines nationally. These are some seriously cool machines. They have 125 flavours in each machine and you can even mix and match to get special combos that you might like. Add in the fact that they have flavours you can't get anywhere else and it's a winner. (I'm partial to the Strawberry Fanta and Peach Sprite). You can also find these in some Firehouse Subs stores locally. I'm glad they're catching on. I go to 5 Guys a lot more often than Firehouse. Now if we could just get my local 5 Guys to start selling sweet tea.

296322_10150307768267063_106593592062_8553181_406853120_n.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    These are some sweet machines. I always dreamed about having a coke machine in my house. Too bad my wife is a healthy consumer and won't allow the children to have pop.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Tried one of these at Firehouse Subs last week. The problem is that it takes everybody forever to figure out what they want.
    Yeah, it is a trial. So far, I've just tried something new each time and have been pretty satisfied. I like that you can just put a quick shot of something in your cup to get a taste, tho. Made the difference when I went with Peach Sprite last time, rather than Peach Fanta. Two totally different taste profiles.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Not like I need another reason to eat there, awesome burgers!!! Sweet looking machines.

Sweet! 5 Guys Burgers is rolling out the new Coke Freestyle machines nationally. These are some seriously cool machines. They have 125 flavours in each machine and you can even mix and match to get special combos that you might like. Add in the fact that they have flavours you can't get anywhere else and it's a winner. (I'm partial to the Strawberry Fanta and Peach Sprite). You can also find these in some Firehouse Subs stores locally. I'm glad they're catching on. I go to 5 Guys a lot more often than Firehouse. Now if we could just get my local 5 Guys to start selling sweet tea.

296322_10150307768267063_106593592062_8553181_406853120_n.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    How does it work ergonomically? I mean it looks like the task of simply getting a Coke is going to be a novelty in and of itself. Does it end up being a bottleneck in the "let me get my food and sit down" process?
    Not to be a nay sayer, it looks pretty cool but being the grumpy old man that I am, I picture standing behind a bunch of kids wanting to figure out how to make a "suicide". (If you are old like me and spent time as a kid at your older brothers baseball games you know a "suicide" to be a mixture of all the soda's available. It was also, in my opinion, a good indicator of which kids were destined to be drinkers later in life.):D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How does it work ergonomically? I mean it looks like the task of simply getting a Coke is going to be a novelty in and of itself. Does it end up being a bottleneck in the "let me get my food and sit down" process?
    Not to be a nay sayer, it looks pretty cool but being the grumpy old man that I am, I picture standing behind a bunch of kids wanting to figure out how to make a "suicide". (If you are old like me and spent time as a kid at your older brothers baseball games you know a "suicide" to be a mixture of all the soda's available. It was also, in my opinion, a good indicator of which kids were destined to be drinkers later in life.):D
    In the few times I've used them, I've never noticed a bottleneck. Even with my kids picking and choosing didn't take too long. The touch screen is pretty responsive and reasonably fast. At 5 Guys, like most restaurants, you place your order for food, get a cup and proceed to get your drinks, while you wait for your order. The old style machines usually only have one person at a time using them, so there's little difference. As for the "suicide" crowd...they'd be there all blasted day if they tried that on a Freestyle. LOL. You have 125 flavours to go through. Not sure the cup would be big enough.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Stopped at the Ft. Wayne one after a gunshow this yr.....loved the burgers an the fries were even better....can't wait to stop in again....couldn't stop eating th fries till they were gone, an that was alot of fries!!!!!!!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Benny, I haven't noticed any "no refill" policy at Firehouse and 5 Guys doesn't have one, either. Not sure they'll institute one just because of the new machines. Change out of syrups is much easier with the Freestyle than a traditional machine, too. They use bottles of highly concentrated syrup that are around 1L, I'd guess, not 30 pounders like the regular machines. I'd be willing to bet that "no refill" signs don't go up, but sales of drinks do. You should be good to go!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Too bad the food at 5 Guys in Greenwood isn't fit to eat. I wish City BBQ would get this new machine in. I tried it at the BK up by Goshen a few weeks ago, very cool.

Top Bottom