• ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    For me, it's like Taurus.

I hear lots of complaints... Canted sights, mag wobble, feeding issues...

I'd hate to order something and it turn into a dud.

"Spend the extra $150 and get a better gun" is a very very very common theme amongst firearms-related message boards, right?

As I've said, I'm not totally discounting a Century build. But I'd prefer not to.

-J-

I treat this like Mosins ... Go find a place that has a few and pick the best one...

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Rich in history? How so? They're just converted that get converted by Arsenal or Vector or whoever once they hit the US.[/quote]

LOl dont get mad:):
    What is it about being MADE IN Izhevsk, IZHMASH or RUSSIA that confuses you, Ya rebel rouser:xmad:

I have NO problem with well made and assembled U.S. AK's.
    This is the closest im gonna get, and most other Americans, to a Russian AK:]

:laugh: SHOTS FIRED! :laugh:

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just realized: Every time I used the word "krinkov", replace with "Draco".

Silly me.

Draco pistol....not krinkov pistol.

Oh well.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I just recently bought a DRaco, and comparing it to my WASRs, it seems to be much more well made. I think you'd be very happy with one. I'm not slamming the WASR by any means, just that the Draco is a sweet gun.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    21st has em in stock... That way you can fondle one before you buy!
    We are currently out of those. However, last night I just cut a deal to buy 14 AK74's. Here is the deal, they will be normally $595.00, but for INGO members they will be $549.00. That is an average, a few cheaper and a few more expensive based on furniture condition. Yes, that is a bit above the OP's price point, however, these are all Bulgarian rifles, including the original chrome lined barrel, that have been refinished. Some have new stocks on them and some have the original stocks with a bit of scuffs here and there. The build was done using Nodak receivers, US pistol grip, and US FCG. They will be supplied with one US count magazine. Good parts sets and original chrome lined barrels are getting very hard to find. Spend just a bit more and get quality that will last a life time. Details will follow in our section early next week. Please don't PM me, this is all I know at this time.

AK74s.jpg

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I was just going to suggest trying to find a Bulgy 74 somewhere like The AK Forum, but those rifles would be the way I would go. Bulgy kits w/ original barrels build on NDS receivers are great! and as long as they are built by a known good builder, they are that much better! So thats my vote!

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I hit Centerfire Arms for a $369 Bulgarian (5.45x39), a $70 ATI Strikeforce tactical stock, and 100 rounds of ammo for $500. Works good, looks good, and cheap - just like me!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you can find one I would suggest a Maadi (Egyptian). Just make sure it was not imported by Century Arms. They where using Noricho parts in Maadi receivers. I have shot a few different AK variants and the Maadi is by far my favorite. Once I got mine properly sighted in, I can now put every round on an 8" target at 50 yards.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    In the Guns and Ammo AK47 edition, they rated the CAI AK very very well.
    So well in fact it suprised the Sht out of me, and they look decent, except for the stock. For the money you cant beat it.
    If your looking to save pennies and want a Ak that goes bang Get this or your regular WASR.
    If I were you I would save a few more dollars up and get yourself an SGL from Arsenal. Rich in history and quality and these Ak's are made in Izhmash and you cant go wrong with that, a True Russian built AK!
    Your gonna get goose bumps when you look down the side of your receiver and it says MADE IN RUSSIA vs looking down the receiver and it says made by Century Arms International trust me lolol:D

Mikhail_Kalashnikov.jpg
    :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Top Bottom