• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    This is great. I'm going to print this out. Lost of people I know are complaining and I want to turn their anger and frustration into a focused hatred on the true problem, Washington D.C.

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    Very nice If everyone could read this it would really put things in perspective for people to know that our rights and freedoms mean everything to us. And the US Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Not the laws and lies the White House tells us.

daclamdvm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    I'm gonna be a jerk here and challenge this article. We are ultimately responsible for electing these people, tolerating their behavior, and giving them the marching orders that often lead to some of the bizarre things they do. I'm not saying that they system doesn't corrupt people, or at least favor those who are corruptible, and I'm not saying its easy for the people to change the system. But, we still vote for politicians based on campaign slogans and speeches and not on prior actions. We eat up and spit out anyone with a conscience because we think they look weak or indecisive. So, we end up with a bunch of arrogant narcissists because they thrive in that environment. We demand things from the government that are inherently conflicting. We all want the government to do something for us, but don't want to pay for it. We try to screw the system any time we can, which leads to more laws trying to close loopholes. I've been overseas enough to know that we have the worst government in the world, except for everyone else. I'm not sure what the right solution is, but I know I haven't seen it yet. If everyone took responsibility for their own behavior, we'd need no leaders and no laws, but we don't and I doubt there's anyone on this list or elsewhere who hasn't done things for their own selfish reasons, and thats what makes the system both necessary and dysfunctional. The best way to deal with these problems is to keep working at it, not destroying the system and starting over. All you'll get is a new crowd of people who will figure out new ways to abuse power.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm gonna be a jerk here and challenge this article. We are ultimately responsible for electing these people, tolerating their behavior, and giving them the marching orders that often lead to some of the bizarre things they do. I'm not saying that they system doesn't corrupt people, or at least favor those who are corruptible, and I'm not saying its easy for the people to change the system. But, we still vote for politicians based on campaign slogans and speeches and not on prior actions. We eat up and spit out anyone with a conscience because we think they look weak or indecisive. So, we end up with a bunch of arrogant narcissists because they thrive in that environment. We demand things from the government that are inherently conflicting. We all want the government to do something for us, but don't want to pay for it. We try to screw the system any time we can, which leads to more laws trying to close loopholes. I've been overseas enough to know that we have the worst government in the world, except for everyone else. I'm not sure what the right solution is, but I know I haven't seen it yet. If everyone took responsibility for their own behavior, we'd need no leaders and no laws, but we don't and I doubt there's anyone on this list or elsewhere who hasn't done things for their own selfish reasons, and thats what makes the system both necessary and dysfunctional. The best way to deal with these problems is to keep working at it, not destroying the system and starting over. All you'll get is a new crowd of people who will figure out new ways to abuse power.

You're not being a jerk. Charlie summed up your point in his last sentence. Maybe it should be required reading prior to casting your vote at the polls next month??:n00b:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm gonna challenge the idea that all 545 individuals "named" as perpetrators are, in fact, responsible. The implication of such a statement is that by virtue of being nothing more or less than an elected representative (or member of SCOTUS), one is guilty of bringing this country to its knees and destroying its foundation.

It's not the votes they made that got us where we are. No, sir. It's simply having them in office. All the little bastards are equally guilty of trampling our liberties because they dared to participate in our representative form of government. What a-holes. What jerks. What tyrannical freedom-killing d-bags. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom