• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    For those of you who are into history, I just saw that the history channel is going to have a program on about the 761st Tank Battalion, hosted by Morgan Freeman.... I love this because the 761st was an all black unit, who fought like tigers, and didn't receive the credit that their white brothers did. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (yes, that one) wrote a book about them that I read years ago.. Should be a good show

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I believe they were attached to Ft Knox after the war as an integrated unit. Patton gave them a speech which went something like this, "Don't let them down and damn you, don't let me down! They say it is patriotic to die for your country. Well, let’s see how many patriots we can make out of those German sonsofbitches." Anyway, I miss the old History channel when they actually talked history. I am a true history junkie.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    But the food that made America is history…….said no one ever!

If you're talking about the series, I think it's fascinating history. More in the business sense than the food sense. The chocolate wars between Mars and Hershey. The story of how frozen foods got started, and potato chips, beer, etc ...

It's more a study of capitalism than food. That interests me.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Just watched this show, it was great, but failed to mention that Kareem Abdul Jabar wrote a book about this unit, years ago…

Top Bottom