• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I had not read the recommendation on rpm. my ryobi (after reviewing this thread) was discovered to be 23k rpm, which seemed to work fine.
    I did 3 lowers. bThe first probably took me 4.5 hours. The third, about 3 hours.
    The drilling out the meat took about 1/2 hour. Milling the main pocket takes about 1 3/4 hours. It is slow and tedious. Milling rear pocket, another 1/2 hour, and final drilling about 15 minutes. Not quite accurate on the actual working times, but those times include setup, jig work, depth check, cleaning out/lubing throughout, etc... You spend a bit of time double checking depth on drilling and milling throughout.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Thanks for chiming in, very much appreciated. I now understand where the slop come from...how is the promotion good for?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I recommended this jig to some buddies. I'll have to tell them about the lower promo. Thanks for joining INGO!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    There is no set date for the promo end date. It has been on for quite some time. Not sure why we still have the promo as there are tons of reviews on the Easy Jig already. It's a great deal to get a free billet lower while also helping the community by sharing your build experience and tips. Just check the promo link and if it is still there, the promo is still on! :)

On very rare occasions customers may mill too far forward and cut into the mag release channel, or not mill quite enough and have the trigger bump the front of the FCG pocket. Typically this happens when something is not lined up when milling, such as the router base is not true or some flex in the router due to the manner it is being used, etc. The trigger should not rub the pocket front wall. I'd recommend that you do another finishing pass with your router. Put the lower back into the jig and reassemble. Snug the lower toward the back of the jig when you tighten up the bolts. Make a finishing pass and that should clear up any clearance issue unless the trigger being used is out of spec.

I don't swap my lowers and uppers around, so once I set up a rifle, I like to set it up so that there is no wobble. It's pretty easy to adjust the fit with minor modification to the lug hole on the uppers. The wobble found in most AR rifles is normal and does not impact accuracy. But I'm the type that will spend all day to find and eliminate any little rattle in my car, so my ARs also have to be rattle free. LOL The disadvantage of having no wobble between your upper and lower is that if you do go to swap out the upper to another lower, it could be very tight to get the takedown pin in and out. I think the wobble is on purpose on most ARs to account for manufacturing tolerances so people don't have issues having to hammer a pin in or out.

So if I got the ar15 jig and the 308 jig, I can get two recievers?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The way I read it, you are limited to 1 free lower per Easy Jig. So if you were to buy an AR15 Easy jig and a 308 Easy Jig, you could write up and post a review for each jig, and get a free AR15 and a free 308 billet lower. That's how I read it so that's how it will be. (At least for as long as I work here.) LOL

Ooo....I know what I must do then!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    very nice work! i have finished a couple 80% lowers,but i have a bport in the garage,i dint need any jigs,but i did find a killer deal on long reach 2 flute hi helix end mills, grizzy has em for like $8 each,and theyhold up well

good looking work

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    very nice work! i have finished a couple 80% lowers,but i have a bport in the garage,i dint need any jigs,but i did find a killer deal on long reach 2 flute hi helix end mills, grizzy has em for like $8 each,and theyhold up well

good looking work

Right now, I can only dream of such tools.

Top Bottom