• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    ^^^This
    There is no end all in sabot slugs for a shotgun.Like Hickman said each barrel is different and may shoot 1 type of sabot brand better or worse then a buddy who has the exact same set-up

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I tried accu-tips and no others. I can hit coke cans from 100 yards pretty much every time. Maybe something else is more accurate, but really, those types of slugs are expensive and I'm happy with the results without a whole lot more of costly experimenting.

Good luck. Shotgun ballistics have come a looooong way since I was a kid!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Try the Winchester Supreme Rackmasters!! They are the most accurate bullet I've shot out of a shotgun, and they devastated my buck last year. I am totally serious. I've spent serious cash testing all the top of the line slugs and sabots, and these are the best I have shot.

Check them out!!:yesway:

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    brenneke ko's are good too, they are made for smoothbore and rifled barrels, I shoot them out of two of my deers guns and are extremely accurate out to 100 yards, and only cost 5 bucks a box

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Ive shot the copper solids out of my 12ga 870 and was impressed with accuracy...........unfortunately I was impressed with the price as well! They arent cheap!

birdslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Walkerton
    +1 on the SST's but I not on the price. even when there on sale @ 11 bucks a box. Ive had better luck with lighter slugs and 2 3/4 I stay away from the mags. Ive had good luck with the copper solids as well. every gun shoots different spend a little money and shoot a couple and find the best for your gun.. Youll be suprised the diff between shells.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I really like remington buckhammers. They are like the old sluggers but for rifled barrels. They shoot great out of my 1100.. Dan

Top Bottom