• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Just wondering if anybody on here has seen any stores carrying any 8mm ammo that might be of better quality than the surplus stuff I keep finding? Looking for somethin a little better to see how far out this thing can go thanks

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Remington makes 8mm Mauser ammo, it the Core-Lokt line and it's brass cased. I have a few boxes of it but I haven't shot it yet. I usually shoot the surplus ammo through my Mauser. I have a hard time buying the new Remington ammo for the Mauser because it's around $32 for a box of 20 here, if you can find it. I did shoot an OLD box of 8mm that was made by winchester, and to me the winchester rounds didn't seem to have as much kick as the surplus ammo.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Go with Privi Partisan (also sold as Wolf Gold) if you can find it. Much, much better ammo than the Remington, probably the best made today, and it is loaded to proper specs. Its also quite a bit cheaper, last I bought was $12/box before shipping. Also, AFAIK all the big domestic ammo makers use a .318 bullet in their ammo, and underload it so it will be safe in old Commission 88 rifles with their smaller bore.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ammunition to go, has the Privi Partison for $16 for 20 rd box, I think I might try a box of them and see how they do, atleast there non corrosive, lol

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I bought a box of Winchester the day I got my Mauser way back and it was $34 for 20 shells, but I had to shoot it that day ha. I'm hoping to stock up on some at Knob Creek in a few weeks, they had a bunch last year for good prices.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    if you don't care about brass you can get rommy ammo spam cans 340rd for $99.99 at Trail Dust in Bloomington.....i shoot it all the time out of my Mauser's and Hakim....nice and clean too...

Top Bottom