• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    With the remembrance of the 10th anniversary of the attacks of September 11th, 2001, I remember my first gun purchase.

I had been wanting to buy a firearm for years before, but it never made it to the top of the list for me. Not growing up around firearms in any way, I just wasn't exposed to them as a hobby, for hunting, or for personal protection.

When the incident on 9/11 happened, I decided I'd waited long enough. Not reacting just for this moment, I had already done a lot of looking with research and had given it much thought and had even gone shooting with a police officer who had let me shoot part of their collection.

Ten days after on 9/21 I bought my first gun. A Glock 27.

I'm thankful for the freedoms we have in this country. Even though I'm often frustrated by the current politics and government bickering, I'm glad I live here and people have been willing to fight for and insure the freedoms for me and all of us in the great US of A.

I thought others may have a story of something they bought around 9/11 so feel free to post your stories here. I'd love to hear it or see pics.

God bless those who lost their lives on 9/11 and for those who have lost their lives since fighting in the middle east.

:patriot:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I bought a gun last year on September 11th. I picked one up this year on the 10th anniversary as well. I'll have to check to see what I got last year but this year I picked up a Mosin Nagant M44. Guess I'll have to be buying another gun every year since I have now started a tradition.

Top Bottom