• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I picked up a 9rd colt mag at the Indy gun show with the intentions of using it, but the guy I bought it off of said it might be worth some money down the road. The top 2/3 is metal and the bottom 1/3 is hard plastic. It's got Colt Hartford, Connecticut, USA on the bottom. Is this something to put away in the safe until a rainy day?

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Does it look like this?

l1600002131.jpg

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

Guess I don't see why a magazine with such a low capacity would ever be worth anything. I would not even pay full price for it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was at a gun store just yesterday, digging through the "orphan" drawer, and found one of those mags. Owner said it was a 10 round colt mag they sold with their target AR's.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    My only thought as to why something like that could be worth money would in the event of another AWB ban, but even then it would only be worth money because it would be legal. Then again, I dont know anything about these things, so take it for what it is worth :twocents:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My only thought as to why something like that could be worth money would in the event of another AWB ban, but even then it would only be worth money because it would be legal. Then again, I dont know anything about these things, so take it for what it is worth :twocents:

Actually if there was another magazine capacity limit, etc then the previously manufactured magazines with a capacity higher than any newly implemented limit would be worth more, I'd think. That's what happened last time.

In any case, I'm hoping we don't have to deal with such nonsense again.

Top Bottom