• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    After taking Intro to Force-on-Force and taking the FoF scenarios class, I was hooked on Mindset Lab and had to go back ASAP. I cannot praise these guys enough for what a great job they do. While I at first wondered how you fill an entire day with flashlight work, now I understand what a great tool lights are in the right hands. I feel safer and more prepared to face bad situations, especially low light and/or unarmed situations. As usual, the class is certainly worth more than I paid. With a resource like this right here in Indy, no one has an excuse not to get training. Shay has top notch gear and equipment, and he has worked with a wide array of trainers in a wide array of disciplines to develop a system that is simple to learn and highly effective.

If you carry a tactical/high intensity flashlight and you haven't taken this class, you are missing out on the potential advantage that your light could afford you. If it's any indicator of how great the class is, a classmate was there taking it for the second time, and Shay was teaching him some more advanced methodology while working with me on my level. It was as eye-opening as always.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I took a few pics and some videos. I'll work to get them posted tomorrow.

This class was excellent if I do say so myself. We covered a ton of material and for the first time got to put Mindset Lab's new Fist Suit to use for some Force on Force drills. It added an important element to bringing all the activities of the day together to test the combatives under dynamic stress.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I took mostly video during these classes. Here are just a few pics to tide you over until I get the video edited.

FC091711-02.jpg

FC091711-01.jpg

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I just noticed the first pic looks like Mr. Dong is flipping off the camera and the second pic makes Mr. Dong look like he's wearing a white tie. That's funny.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I just put together a very short video from this Flashlight Combatives class.

Basically, we start out slow and learn better ways to use our lights and then we work up to a higher level of "resistance" and "motivation". We ended the class with some free flow drills against an attacker.

I ran each student through the Fist suit drills a few times and one student commented after the last run that thing were starting to slow down and he was able to maintain defensive composure and see opportunities for strikes that he didn't see before. Comments like that warm my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXXdEX5Ih0

Last edited:
    Top Bottom