• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Before I give my A.A.R. and review of Mindset Lab's Dynamic Force-on-Force Scenarios class, I would like to give everyone a chance to read my A.A.R. of his Intro to Force-on-force course I took back in May, as the basic principles of the Intro course are drawn from and expanded upon in Dynamic Scenarios.

My Intro to Force-on-Force A.A.R./Review can be found here

I'd like to begin by thanking Shay and his crew of outstanding assistants for creating yet again an impressively safe learning environment. In spite of all of the stressful situations I was continually placed in during the scenarios throughout the course, I have to say one of the concerns that never crossed my mind was the safety of myself and my fellow classmates, as the Mindset Lab crew make every effort to ensure the safest possible learning environment.

I'm serious when I say this, the riskiest behavior I engaged myself in the entire day was possibly damaging my ego. The wealth of training knowledge I took away from today is practically unmeasurable, as I learned such an extensive amount about myself and how I can better prepare as a responsible gun carrying citizen, as well as how to make better judgment calls in the process.

Throughout each of Shay's thoughtfully engineered scenarios, one's ability to make quick decisions under stress is tested in unique situations ranging anywhere from assessing possible threats to engaging an aggressive assailant. Without going too far into detail and risking lessening the effectiveness of the course, attendees will find themselves involved in everyday activities, such as making a simple withdrawal from an ATM, and handling each situation as they saw fit.

After reviewing my actions and reactions post-scenario with the trainers, it never ceased to amaze me just how of some the mistakes I made (sometimes continually) under stress were nothing like I had planned on or anticipated. I mean it when I say that no amount of running scenarios through your head can possibly prepare you for the real thing like Shay's scenarios can. Playing it out in your head compared to actually running through a live-action simulation are simply two entirely different things. The careful attention to detail throughout the training environment combined with the level of involvement and realistic engagement the role-playing assistants offer in the scenarios only furthered the effectiveness of the course.

Bottom line: If you take anything away from my review, do yourself a favor and invest in yourself by training with Shay and Mindset Labs. I consider myself a healthy skeptic of everything, and I can say without hesitation that his courses are definitely money well spent.

Last edited:

Chindong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I too participated in Shay's Intro to FoF & Dynamic FoF training on Saturday & Sunday. I can not emphasize enough how relevant this training is to anybody. Without commenting on specific details, Shay & his crew not only met, but exceeded the objectives stated at the beginning of each training day. Safety was stressed & not taken lightly. I will be encouraging my wife to participate in Mindset Laboratory's FoF course in the future. Shay, thanks again for another awesome training opportunity that has a tremendous amount of carry over value in the real world.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Oh man, he finally made it to INGO.

:rockwoot:

These classes had a great group of students and I had plenty of fun teaching them.

To me there aren't many higher compliments than when a student comes back for another class and brings another family member to train with me.

Thank you for the reviews and I look forward to training with each of you again.

Top Bottom