A bit off topic, but I need some advice :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Heya,

I'm not a woman [sorry] but I do want to cook a special dinner tomorrow for my Wife and Mom. I've been trying to think of what I should cook but I just keep coming back to basics/things I really like.

Curious if any of you have any input/thought/suggestions? I usually just take them out for dinner but I want to cook something for them this time around. I'm no chef but I can follow directions :).

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Try Veal in Cream Sauce with Portabellas and Green Onions. The recipe is as simple as the ingredients. Veal Scallopini slices (pounded out for tenderising), a container of cream, thinly sliced Portabella mushrooms and slice green onions. Sear off the veal and remove from pan. Sautee' the mushrooms and green onions with a touch of salt and pepper. Add cream and some basil (fresh or dried. Both work). Bring to a slow simmer. Add veal back in (along with any juices that have occurred). Let the let the sauce reduce by almost half. Serve over rice.

This is a very rich dish, but very, very good.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Hamburger Helper. :rofl:

What are their favorite dishes, respectively? If ya wanna truly impress them, go to the effort of making your Wife and Mom each their favorite dish. They'll assuredly appreciate the extra effort that would take.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This is like hot single ladies only forum. Made for women and full of dudes!

MikeDVB, guys know how to cook good also.

Top Bottom