• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The sun was out. That was good but it sure turned cold today. I meet Dave (board member here) and his son up at Fall Creek Vally today for a little shooting. It was my first time out there shooting since they've redone the range, cover, benches, etc...

It's a really good cheap club to join and not too far North of Indy.

Anyway, I took the AR with it's new Magpul PRS stock, my 109 year old Swede 6.5x55 (Wolf Gold) m/96 and my ~90 year old Swiss 1911 rifle shooting the "near match grade" military surplus GP11 7.5x55 ammo. I had never shot either of the surplus rifles yet.

Everything I've done so far to my Colt AR has improved accuracy. I've done a Rock River NM 2 stage trigger, free floated the barrel (1:7 Colt heavy target barrel), an accu-wedge, a rear peep sight insert & finally this Magpul stock. This stock allows a very comfortable & repeatable cheek weld. You can check the spotting scope and get right back on target with perfect sight alignment. I love it! This gun has now been dubbed the BAMF. :rockwoot:

On to the grandpa guns...
    Both are very comfortable shooters. Both have battle sights supposedly zero'd at 300 Meters. Good power and a very manageable recoil. I expected a little better out of the hailed Swede 6.5 though. I'd always heard these were very good shooters and was a bit disappointed. This is my oldest and probably cleanest surplus rifle. It has a beautiful hardwood stock and very nice bluing. I just couldn't get it zero'd in even at 50 yds. It shot high then low but had good horizontal alignment.

The Swiss on the other hand grouped very well. I'm sure with a little more practice I could get 5 shots in the 10 ring at 100 yds even in a standing position. I also have a Swiss K31 and it shoots lights out too. I could probably use either Swiss at the club's high power match and keep pace with the evil black riffles. I just might try this summer. I'm sure either riffle would ruffle some feather. :cool:

Just thought I'd share my relaxing but cold day at the range. Get out there people!

Top Bottom