• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Let me start out saying I have never written anything of substance for a Forum so here we go!
    I was down at Bradis Guns last Friday to find a replacement for my XD sub compact (my wife commandeered) and after I made my purchase I was put on a delay. So I stuck around and talked with one of the employees who is a member here about the Ruger Charger. This guy was sold on this little pistol. He told me all that was good about the charger and how much fun he and his wife had shooting it. This really peeked my interest but not enough to buy one. The next day Bradis called and they were permitted to release my gun. I went down to pick it up there sat that Charger. So rather impulsively I told the guy doing my paperwork to add one of them to my bill and I would take it. Sunday rolled around and my wife wanted to go shooting (I think I have created a monster) so we grabbed up 3 or 4 guns to include the charger and headed out to the range. Then it occurred to me I have no sites on this new found toy. At that point I did what any self respecting gun enthusiast would do and stopped off at gander mountain and bought the cheapest red dot 1X money could buy J
    We got to the range and after putting about 4 magazines thought the Glock 23 I Purchased to make sure all was good there I picked up the Charger and mounted the red dot. Shot about 10 rounds into a 7 yard target just to make sure I would hit the paper. Put about 3 clicks up on the red dot and moved out to 25 – 30 yards. Now keep in mind I was leaning over (they don’t let you sit on the pistol range) shooting the cheapest ammo I could get from Wal-mart (Winchester Xpert 22 hollow point 36gr) Took the gun out of the box, didn’t even so much as pre-clean it and this is what I got at close to 30 yards. I started having so much fun shooting this little treasure that’s all I shot with the rest of the day!
    With all of that said I think I have found a new project to work on. What a fun gun to shoot! I am really looking forward to getting this thing dialed in. I HIGHLY recommend this little jewel if you want a fun little cheap plinker to play with. Gun 289.00 red dot 29.95 500 rounds ammo 25.00 That afternoon at the range, PRICELESS!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    shooting the cheapest ammo I could get from Wal-mart (Winchester Xpert 22 hollow point 36gr)

500 rounds ammo 25.00

Not to thread-jack, but that was the cheapest .22lr you could find at Walmart?! They generally have both Remington and Federal 550 round bulk packs for about $13.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Good report and pics, sounds like you guys had a great time too!!!

But.....

Now you did it, I have been trying to resist one of these SBR 10/22s ;) I just cant justify the GSG right now and we are definately shooting alot more .22s these days!!!

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Did it again

Well I see that I have converted another to the dark side of .22's. I have 4 Chargers now and have a blast with them. I just finished doing one in purple for my wife so that I could have mine back. This included making up some purple mags for her. I hope to have it sighted in Monday morning along with my Talo(red, white, and blue). Can never go wrong with a .22 especially a Ruger. The nice thing about doing the one for the wife is that now everytime she goes to Wal-mart she brings home at least one brick of Federal bulk pack.

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am hooked

Yea you got me hooked! I love that thing. I was going to chat a little more with you on saturday when I came in but you guys were realy busy!

I am now looking for 10/22 rifle to trick out. shoot all day for 15$ thats a no brainer!

Great recomendation and thanks for your help!:yesway:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    10/22

When you get a 10/22 come and see me. I will fill you in on how to do the popular mods and help you with them if need it. I make my own extended mag release. I have set several up in many different ways.

Top Bottom