• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    Before anybody says I should have gone with an attorney, yes I know this, but these questions should be pretty simple.

I went with the 199trust.com when they had it for $50. On the form, it has a spot for both witnesses to the trustees signature and a spot for the notary. Do I need both witness's and a notary or can I just do one or the other? I don't want to have to drag people along to get this notarized if not needed.

Next, when you send in the paperwork to the ATF, do I need the full trust document,12+ pages, or just the certification of the trust?

With the check, does it need to be payable from an account held by the trust or can it be from my personal account?

That's everything for now... I think! Thank you in advance INGO for your help with this.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    If you need it notarized, anyone who needs to sign has to do so in the presence of the notary.

Full trust paperwork.

It can be from your personal account.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    RTFM

Read the FAQ. Probably call the ATF number they recommend you call.

I think the Notary can also be a witness but I would not risk it, just grab an extra stranger off the street.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Mine was done by attorney, but all I had to do was go to the bank and notarize it. I didn't bring any witnesses. Mine also didn't have those provisions in the trust so I'm not sure if the ATF will give you flak for leaving it blank.

You'll send in two full copies of the trust, at least that's what I have done and have been told.

As for the check, I've paid for one of my stamps from my personal account. I don't have an account that is owned by my trust.

Also, I've heard your trust needs to own something before it's valid.

Hope this helps.

Kris

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Squirrel, didn't need the comment if you're not going to help.

Hummmmm. I thought that was help. I was telling you that your $50.00 was not that good of a investment.
    A few hundred invested with a Licensed Indiana Attorney is money well spent.
    First you would most likely not have any questions to ask about what's needed for a trust, and if you did have questions about your trust you have a Indiana Barred Attorney to ask those questions too.
    Legal items like Trusts and Wills are very important to make sure they are done legally and correctly for the State you live in. You want to make sure what you are leaving someone goes to who you want it to go too.
    I poorly done Trust or Will tends to show its ugly face after your dead.
    Do yourself a favor and hire one of the Attorney s that are IP's here. It's money very well spent.
    All this is not to bust your balls, or give you a hard time. It's JMHO.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Hummmmm. I thought that was help. I was telling you that your $50.00 was not that good of a investment.
    A few hundred invested with a Licensed Indiana Attorney is money well spent.
    First you would most likely not have any questions to ask about what's needed for a trust, and if you did have questions about your trust you have a Indiana Barred Attorney to ask those questions too.
    Legal items like Trusts and Wills are very important to make sure they are done legally and correctly for the State you live in. You want to make sure what you are leaving someone goes to who you want it to go too.
    I poorly done Trust or Will tends to show its ugly face after your dead.
    Do yourself a favor and hire one of the Attorney s that are IP's here. It's money very well spent.
    All this is not to bust your balls, or give you a hard time. It's JMHO.

this

and then you or your heirs have someone to sue if it goes wrong.

Good luck with your trust though. It's a good idea.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Before anybody says I should have gone with an attorney, yes I know this, but these questions should be pretty simple.

WOW - I paid way more than 50 bucks. :(

But -
    - When I had some questions, I just called and asked and got my answers right away.
    - When I wanted to change a few things in the trust which meant drafting a whole new one up, it was done with one email.
    - If anything were to happen with a court battle for any reason, I know that I'm totally backed up and covered.
    - With future questions that I know will come up, I also know that I will have my answers ASAP.

So here's my answer without saying you "Should have gone with an attorney". :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom