• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I would like to see some pics. of the accused. just to see who is that creepy!

(Of course , every one is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law ) .;)

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    First, let me say...Im very glad these people were caught and look forward to their prosecution if it is proven they are guilty...but

A lot of hostility here for people who are killing birds. (I see the article states they had processed deer meat. Not wasting them just because I suppose?) Other than the law written as is, whats so different from these guys who are killing animals "just to kill them" as the article quotes, and some deer hunters in Indiana who do the same, with no intention of using the meat..etc..Instead, just keeping heads/antlers for trophy's???

Your telling me you want the death penalty for one type of hunter over another just because one type of animal is protected at a much higher degree than the other?

Imagine if we did that with other laws....

Next these same people on here will be calling for the death penalty for kill wild turkeys, grouse , phesant and quail

He did wrong but come on people , they are still animals. get a grip
    some of you are closet anti hunters , i'm sure of it.

I agree with the trophy head point . you think some how thats ok to kill for the head but its wrong to kill bird?????????????

Like i said the guy did wrong , and your post are wrong
    2 wrongs never make a right

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Birds don't destroy crops.

Deer gotta eat too . However , I didn't buy the seed :spend:

Wasting an animal of any kind is wrong and goes against a sportsman's code ..:twocents:

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I am a very big fan of conservation. Rabbit, quail and pheasant need help and therefore we hunt coyotes and trap other animails. Unfortnuetely there are no safety nets for over abundance of predatory birds. NO i am not saying what they did was right, not at all! Predatory birds do not do no where near the damage as a pack of coyotes or bobcats. I think the "ban wagon" everyone is jumping on might be premature. Let the courts deicde the penalty!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Funny, because eye for an eye was a cry for mercy and justice. It was against overdoing a punishment. "you can't kill a man because he took your eye...you take his, an eye for an eye, no more"

So...are we gonna kill these two guys pets?

This is good point. And often Christians can be heard quoting "eye for an eye" when in fact, Christ negated that Jewish law.

But this is about birds. I am lover of birds myself, but I'd be careful rushing to judgement. We're going to trust these officials at face value?

Cpl. Ashlee Jackson, Indiana Department of Natural Resources law enforcement division told WSBT apparently the men trapped the raptors “just to kill them.” Because the raptors are protected species, they could not be kept as pets or sold.

I'm thining Miss Ashlee needs to investigate and pass her findings on to the court instead of trying to convict these men in the papers.

BUT .... if guilty.... MAX punishment is my vote (without eye gouging)

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    While I don't agree these people should be killed, I think there should be a financially crippling punishment.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Gota say & maybe I should keep quiet.
    I know both of these men & I'm in awe.
    There both pretty decent guys.
    I by no means wish death or broken legs for them....but if found guilty a reasonable punishment.

infidel15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    :bat:i vote the max of the max. If you kill something you do it because you will eat or for some other productive reason.You don't kill just to kill, that sounds like serial killer symptoms.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    remove this post... I don't feel like opening that can of worms today....

Give them the death sentence... who cares.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I believe in irony and poetry.

Have them serve out a 10 year sentence having to clean bird feces from sidewalks with a toothbrush and spray bottle.

The only bit of dim light in this matter, is it appears that they didn't waste the meat.

Top Bottom