• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    Have you ever tried the Wilderness Zip Slide Holster? I have had one for a few years now and I love it. It works great for my Glock 23, and my Glock 27. Admittedly it is not a retention holster, but for concealed carry it is great. The holster is easy to quickly attach to or remove from your belt.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Closest-hugging holster I've ever had is a Raven.

xarpg1.jpg

ra40vm.jpg

Evan, you want close? Try using heavy duty black zip-ties instead of the Raven belt loops - it's like a Mach 5 for your belt line!! :D

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you're on a budget look for a Bianchi belt slide type holster. Worked very well for my 23 until I got into a Kholster. 17862 is the Bianchi #. Added bonus, it had very positive locking snaps so you didn't have to take belt off everytime, but didnt have to worry about losing it. I ran mine without the thumb break, concealed and never had an issue.

PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I just looked at the Raven Ghost. That and the rest of the Raven line looks to be the best holsters I've ever seen. Definitely the next holster I want to own!

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    A couple of these things may have already been mentioned, but I will say them again...

Here is what my experience has found:

- A paddle holster will rarely hold the firearm tight against you (just based upon it's design)

- A non-firearm specific holster will rarely hold the firearm against you (The holster itself needs to adjust to the firearm and is not as form fitting)

- Height or draw level of the holster will help with top heavy firearms (i.e location of belt loops on the holster, if they are near the bottom of the holster i.e. high ride holster, and it's a top heavy firearm, it will tend to lean out, etc)

- It's hard for any "football" shaped man to find a really good tight to the side fitting holster

My recommendations are:

Safariland 328
    Raven Concealment
    UBG Holsters

Now if your looking for a holster that will not allow for a "love handle" to push the firearm out to the side, I'm not sure they make one... which is the reason I want to rid myself of my love handles.... LOL

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I really like the JIT, but I've never thought it held the gun particularly close to the body. I do like their 721 OT, though. Don Hume makes good stuff.

I have one of these for my G19, and its a great holster that holds the gun very close to my side. And can be had for a reasonable price.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Raven owners - I have the extended mag release on my G23, does the Raven holster come in contact with that part of the gun? I just hate dropping mags at the wrong time.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Raven owners - I have the extended mag release on my G23, does the Raven holster come in contact with that part of the gun? I just hate dropping mags at the wrong time.

I have the OEM Glock extended mag release (dehorned) and it doesn't affect function at all. Never unintentionally dropped a mag.

Top Bottom