Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Is still a gun...

Question (may be strange):
    Do you guys/gals name your guns?
    If so, can you give name and make/model, please?

I don't have names for my guns. :dunno:
    Not sure if I should name them...

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    :rolleyes: What he said. Mine just have their proper names. Now those on the business end of my firearms have different names too that cannot be mentioned on this forum. :D

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've always been told it was bad luck to name your guns, UNTIL, the unlikely event occurs that you actually have to use it. THen it takes on the name of whoever you used it on.

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    I bought a Super Single Six used, and it had "Alanna" engraved very nicely on the side. I still call it my Single Six. I sometimes do refer to my Win. 94/.44MAg. as "The Meat Maker" though. My .338 is my "Alaska Rifle." The rest are just called whatever they are. Not real fancy.

HB

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I only named one. It was a custom build model 70 Winchester 6.5 X 284 match rifle that set into a re glassed and built up Remington 40XB stock. The stock was painted Ferrari Red by my buddy the bodyman as a joke. He thought it was funny since I am Italian. I decided to keep it that color. I actually had a graphic shop make silver graphics on it that said "Rosa".

When we got to a point in life that both of our cars are 4 door sedans, the new sedan is green and the old sedan is blue, so it has become known as "old blue"

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only gun I really have a name for is my coyote gun. It's not used for coyotes, but is simply one of three CZ 75s that we have and happens to be painted Blackhawk Coyote Tan. So, it gets referred to as the coyote gun. Everything else just gets called by what it is, like 'The Rock', 'The Ultra', 'The New AR' etc...

Top Bottom