• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Leon Weinstein | A Holocaust survivor raised a fist to death - Los Angeles Times

The ghetto was surrounded by an 11-foot-high brick wall, barbed wire and guards. More than 400,000 Jews had been forced inside the 3.5-square-mile area. By early 1943, an estimated 300,000 of them had been shipped to Treblinka, a death camp in northeast Poland.

Nazis rationed food for those who remained and many died of starvation. Disease killed thousands more. Weinstein feared constantly for Natalie and Sima and was certain he would die.

He joined the ghetto resistance. "If we were going to die," Weinstein says, "we would do it on our own terms. We would die standing proud, on our feet, making a statement to the world. We would take as many of those bastards as we could kill."

He helped organize and train resistance fighters. On occasion, using his forged papers, he talked his way out of the ghetto and smuggled weapons back inside.

I was in a newspaper forum just the other day when someone remarked that if the Jews had sufficient firearms in Warsaw the Holocaust would have been different. Would you believe someone actually wrote a response back saying how much worse that would have made the situation, and since they were all going to die anyway there was no need to defend themselves.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Leon Weinstein | A Holocaust survivor raised a fist to death - Los Angeles Times

I was in a newspaper forum just the other day when someone remarked that if the Jews had sufficient firearms in Warsaw the Holocaust would have been different. Would you believe someone actually wrote a response back saying how much worse that would have made the situation, and since they were all going to die anyway there was no need to defend themselves.

Sadly, yes, I do believe that. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Thanks for posting this. :+1:

Blessings,
    Bill

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Probably correct on that Bapak2ja. Just an extension of the lay down and take what the government gives me mentality. Just think what it would have be like, trying to round up the Jews, and all of them were armed. If I am pushed into the situation that death is certain, I know for a fact that I will be taking as many responsible with me as I can before I go.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Nah, just a liberal democrat. :noway:

Agreed. Classic Liberal thinking: You can't change history, you certainly can't learn from it, so just regulate it, tax it, and hope everything will get better. When it doesn't, blame someone else and create a new program to help everyone afflicted.

I agree with the old saying: If every Jew in Europe had a Mauser rifle, 20 rounds and the will to use it, Hitler would have been a footnote in history and not a whole chapter.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    I have nothing but the greatest admiration for this gentleman. I hope everyone remembers his story, and others like him, when the STATE tries to limit or rescind the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, for it is only then that things like this can occur.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There is a hige difference between ignorant and stupid. Of course, you can cure ignorant. Needless to say, the person who made that statement is stupid. A lot of that going around these days. What scares me is they are mating and voting.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Anyone who refuses to learn from the suffering of the Jewish people during that time is merely hiding their head in the sand. Some of the stories from the holocaust are just beyond anything that people now a days could imagine, much less survive. :xmad:

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Would you believe someone actually wrote a response back saying how much worse that would have made the situation, and since they were all going to die anyway there was no need to defend themselves.

And we wonder why this country is in the shape its in....:xmad::xmad:

What a fuggin idiot....

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Nah, just a liberal democrat. :noway:

Agreed. Classic Liberal thinking: You can't change history, you certainly can't learn from it, so just regulate it, tax it, and hope everything will get better. When it doesn't, blame someone else and create a new program to help everyone afflicted.

I agree with the old saying: If every Jew in Europe had a Mauser rifle, 20 rounds and the will to use it, Hitler would have been a footnote in history and not a whole chapter.

:rofl: You two must not live around or have ever met anyone with an IQ above 80 then. Shame.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Ghetto resistance turned what was supposed to be a quiet death camp into a nightmare headache for Adolfo, Nazis hated warsaw cause they kept losing officers to snipers.

Top Bottom