Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    [SIZE=""]To All,

The first day of Tulsa is over.

I haven't bought squat but I know where some stuff is I want to buy.

I completed the lower section and finished row 20.

I hope that tomorrow I can finish through to the last row and wrap up the sides.

There is a LOT of diversity here!!! But percentage wise there are a high number of old firearms.

My feet hurt and that is my biggest limit. I am using good shoes with Thorlough socks but after many hours when I'm not used to it takes its toll.

I'll share more when I am home on my computer.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

Regards,

Doug[/SIZE]

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I have on sugestion, If I may.

Albert Gs BBQ.

Go west from the Kwik Trip Center on 21st to first light. This is Harvard. Make a left. Down on the right is Albert Gs.

Been there many times and never disapointed but the prices are not cheap.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    If you finished the lower level you started and the easy end. Which probably makes sense.

Some exhibitors I know tell me that next year the fall show will be earlier, as this year's overlaps with ungulates seasons in a lot of places..

davis4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    We went down there this year. My second trip. Totally awesome show. Had some newbies who came down and all three were pretty much stunned and said we definitely did not oversell this show. What I really enjoy that a lot of these tables are not big monster stores and the personal collections on display and for sale. Lots of lever guns and combat pistols, like 1911 ands hi powers. There are plenty of black guns though... just a great mix. If you like Louisville then you will love this show... about 5X Louisville. I picked up a killer Remington Model 11 Military Finish with a long barrel. I was looking for a Model 11 since they can be found for killer prices versus the A5 and I was pumped to find a great Military Finish that was hopefully used by a lot of aerial gunners!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Tulsa Updated

To All,

I have a little bit of time so I'll go into further detail.

This show simply due to its size has the largest selection of anything you want to buy!!!

To be perfectly honest I would rank its selection as follows:

Most common:
    #1) Old military rifles
    #2) Hunting rifles
    #3) Hunting shotguns
    #4) Black pistols
    #5) Black rifles
    Least common

#2 & #3 could be switched.

I actually finished the show! The only way I was able to do so was to walk past many tables just scanning for what I wanted. IF you are a window shopper there is NO WAY you will see all of this show. It is larger than Louisville & the Indy 1500 combined.

On the good side, aisles are reasonably wide. This doesn't mean there isn't a lot of squeezing but there is normally enough room to navigate. The hiccups are normally caused by groups stopping to chat or the guy with the portable gun rack taking up twice as much room as everyone else.

The total drive for me from work in Ft. Wayne to Branson, MO then Tulsa, then Branson, MO. then home in Ft. Wayne was 1,787.1 miles. I stop in Branson to visit a friend and sleep over so I am not slammed with the trip. It is about 11 hours to Branson then three (3) hours to Tulsa.

Sunday was much quieter than Saturday, at least in the morning. It was nice to be able to walk the remaining show without having to squeeze.

Last year I was looking for an SVT40 at the spring show and didn't see one (1). It doesn't mean there wasn't one, but if there was I didn't see it. This year I spotted eight (8) and one (1) came home with me!!!:rockwoot: The bad news is the stock was sanded down.:( The good news is the bore is very shiney bright!:D

I also picked up a brass deflector for shooting an M16 left handed. I had stopped at six (6) tables and heard "No" when asked each time. I was ready to give up when table seven (7) said "I have two (2) left." That was awesome.

The room I was in at Tulsa Inns & Suites was great. The only problem was the guy in the next room found a preacher on TV blaring out how we were all going to "Burn in Hell" if...Something. Next night Mr. Jesus was gone and it was nice and quiet.

Tulsa is a show not to be missed if you like wooden stocked guns. There is just no other way to say it. They also had a large selection of original black powder firearms.

Should anyone wish to attend next Fall I will try to go again and as usual welcome company for the ride.

Oh, yeah, my feet are still sore a small amount. The walking to get through the whole thing is an all day thing. Bring good, really good, walking shoes.

Regards,

Doug

PS - What did I miss in Hoosierville?

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    Oh, yeah, my feet are still sore a small amount. The walking to get through the whole thing is an all day thing. Bring good, really good, walking shoes.
    Thanks for your reports.
    My feet were bothering me at a Tulsa Show until I saw a couple of guys doing the show on crutches and I decided I'd better toughen up a little.
    It would really help if Wanenmachers would make it a three day show. They always have about 4000 tables (+/- a few hundred) so it's hard to see everything in 2 days. The next time I go to the show I'd like to spend a few extra days exploring Tulsa. The Native American Museum there is supposed to be the best in the U.S.​

dfcrane

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Feb 25, 2011
    South West Indiana
    I have gone to the last six Tulsa shows. From Washington, Indiana it is 592 miles to the show. It is an easy 9 hour drive including a couple stops for gas or food. I think the show is an awesome mix of everything I love. I hope to attend many more. Everyone needs to make the show at least once.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom