• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    mrbnoxious1 had a few return shooters from last year that he recognized. They remembered quite a bit! Some also said it was their turn to join in this year with their brother or sister.

We had a lot of smiles on the skeet range. I made sure each shooter got a souvenir from their shoot (either their 1st shot shell or the 1st shell of the clay they busted). One of my favorites was a young lady that was juuuuust barely missing and refused to give up. It was her goal to at least bust one clay. Her shoulder was getting red and I could tell she was getting tired. I reassured her and recommended she come back after a break and try again. She did and was finally able to connect! The entire skeet area cheered and clapped for her.

The parents were so appreciative and supportive. Many parents wanted me to pass along an additional thanks to all involved. They were very aware of the time and sacrifice put into this event. Several commented they wished something like this was around when they were kids. I loved some of the parents that jumped in if their child was hesitant and gave it a try.

I cannot say enough for the DNR. If you asked, they bent over backwards to accommodate. They were also very appreciative and supportive.

I was wondering if anyone had any stories that were shared from this or past events that are connected to this event like ex. "I asked for a .22 for Christmas."

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI
    Next year dnr is thinking of a sunday afternoon for the event to help bring in more people as sat we compete with lots of sport events for the kids.

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    Saturday was the 1st time I participated in any INGO activity. I know all the kids (and adults) that came through the 25 yd range had fun. Imagine all those people, all those guns and not one person got shot. No headlines here. To Larry, John and Mark. I can spot good teachers when I see them, and you 3 are naturals. Teaching the safety rules and skills is part of it , but those kids were smiling because you guys shared your joy and enthusiasm for shooting with each one of them you instructed. That's the lesson they'll remember. I know the shoot was all about the kids and the families, but I had a pretty good time too. chemteach

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Sounds like everything went great...again this year. I was not at this event but I want to say thanks to everyone who helped put it together. Its a great way for kids and the family to spend time safely around firearms and have a lot of fun. Maybe next year I will have to throw my name in the hat to help out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Saturday was the 1st time I participated in any INGO activity. I know all the kids (and adults) that came through the 25 yd range had fun. Imagine all those people, all those guns and not one person got shot. No headlines here. To Larry, John and Mark. I can spot good teachers when I see them, and you 3 are naturals. Teaching the safety rules and skills is part of it , but those kids were smiling because you guys shared your joy and enthusiasm for shooting with each one of them you instructed. That's the lesson they'll remember. I know the shoot was all about the kids and the families, but I had a pretty good time too. chemteach

Thanks for the complement.
    We'd like to see you more, come on by to a meet and shoot, or meet and eat.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom