• ...and so much more!
  • Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Hello;

Tried to put this up last couple of days, but been real busy at work ( had a Darwin award candidate last week, perhaps more later) anyway!

Went to Evansville this past weekend and took a basic AR-15 class from Guy Minnis, Evansville PD, runs "Hard Target Firearms Training".

One of the better classes I have attended, really impressed. We spent all day Saturday learning about the rifle, nomenclature, disassembly, cleaning, re-assembly, then in the late morning, early afternoon got into shooting positions, use of sling, zeroing, problem resolution, and finished up discussing accessories.

Spent all day sunday on the range at Red Brush, very good time, despite the heat and humidity. All participants were exceptionally safety conscious, very professional, as was Guy our Instructor.

I would encourage everyone to look at the Hard Target website: EntryPage and go to some of their classes. This class was very well priced ($140.00) and worth more, in fact I have paid more at other locations and received much less with far greater safety issues.

Very high marks for Hard Target Firearms Training!:rockwoot:

Oh, and the Darwin candidate, stealing Anhydrous from a nurse tank early in the morning, you know when there is slight ground fog, and you know anhydrous ammonia is a heavier than air gas, that supports combustion, well Mr. Darwin gets enough for todays batch, decides to have a smoke, lights one ( and himself) up to the tune of 75% 2nd and 3rd degree. Plus he had 4 warrants including resisting out for himself.

I ask PD "are you going to arrest him?"

"No, we know where he's going to be for a while!"

Check out Hard Target, good guy, good training!

Bob

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks for the review. Always good to hear about more training in Indiana!

I like the music on their video. Very Miami Vice"ish"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmsiOLPT9I]YouTube - Hard Target Firearms Training Promo Video[/ame]

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    PS.. nice AAR btw. It sounds like you had a good time, and it's good to hear that everyone was very safety conscious. :)

PSS... It sounds like Mr. Darwin got what was coming to him. :) I hope he recovers enough to appreciate his stupidity.

Top Bottom