• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Turned out to be a very nice day to have the first round of this seasons Run-n-Gun a little humid but not bad at all. Only had two guys show up NyleRN an my bro in law everyone else had to back out for various reasons but even with just us three turned out to be a very good time.

Here was the turn out for the days shooting activities, a pretty rough looking group :):

Run1_zpsart0tnko.jpg

Here was the goody table, I just ran my ole faithful PSA pinned 14.7" carbine an G17 pistol, but did get some trigger time shooting my latest Spikes build with the iron sights I need more practice shooting irons, but it was fun. Very easy target acquisition with the irons I really didn't think it would that easy or I'm just to use to shooting with a red dot:rolleyes:. NyleRN used his very sweet Noveske build and Sig pistol both ran great and my Bro in law ran a Core 15 AR with irons and a Ruger SR9 pistol, which turns out some of the best runs were posted with him running just iron sights! Score was made by hitting the 10 ring on paper targets at various distances. 2 shots per target with points only awarded for hits. An double points awarded for hits on the 100yrd 8" gong. With a possible perfect score being 28 points if you were awarded the time bonus of 2 points. I managed to squeak out the best score of the day with 18 points with a run time of 1:53, my bro in law managed 2nd with a score of 17 and a time of 2:22 and NyleRN had a best run of 13 points with a time of 2:57. One thing we noted the more times we ran the worse the scores got, to be expected with getting winded, but that's what practice is for to know where you need to improve at!
    Run2_zps5qg60j3c.jpg

Here was one of my runs using the Spikes build with the irons although I didn't do as great with it score wise I didn't do as bad as I had thought. but with all this iron sight shooting done today I think Im gonna have to add an A2 build to my collection ;)

[video=youtube;cX-40iKyXFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX-40iKyXFc[/video]

This video is of one of NyleRNs last runs by this time I think we were all tired, but still managed to press on with a quality run!

[video=youtube;o8ijjMTlExw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ijjMTlExw[/video]

All in all it was a very good time with some good friends. We had a lot of good conversation and learned a little bit more about our equipment and ourselves as far as what we need to improve on. Cant wait till next months Run-n-Gun Hopefully as this season presses on our times and scores will improve over what we have done before.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom