• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Had a very nice time yesterday meeting a few members out at my place to to do a little shooting an tell a few lies ;).

Only had 3 show up:
    -NyleRN
    -6mmshoot
    -6mmshoot (son)

But we had a very good time! It was my pleasure having these fellas out and would be glad to have them back anytime.

Made it back there an got all the goodies laid out that everyone will be using for the day.

I shot my Savage Model 11 Hog Hunter in 223, 6mmshoot used a Savage in 243, 6mmshoot son Brian used a Remington 700 in 308, and NyleRN used a Ruger Gunsite Scout in 308. A nice little array of different things for sure.

IMG_20140816_120446_777_zpsph2jyg51.jpg

Then we took a look down range, already had few targets set up for the first two shooters of the day..... Everyone shot of bench rest from 110yrds.

range2_zps0efb7aec.jpg

The first two up were 6mmshoot and his son Brian, both of them looking very serious getting ready to send the first shots of the day down range!

IMG_20140816_122156_783_zpsrojnfjju.jpg

Turns out Brian is quite the shooter! Started out the day with what would prove to be the nicest group of the day. An him using factory loads even added to the excitement!

We alternated shooting each of us would shoot a 5rd group then rotated out the next two shooters. This proved to work out very well. Giving everyone a chance to fine tune things an have a bit of extra time to talk an enjoy the good groups being posted....

Next up was myself an NyleRN...

IMG_20140816_133625_675_zpsaugasl3k.jpg

Myself on the right pretending I know what Im doing and NyleRN ready to get down to business!!!!

First target of the day was Brians shot using his Remignton 700 in 308win. Some VERY nice groups!
    IMG_20140816_140225_616_zpsavauzrhs.jpg

Next up was 6mmshoot, with him using his Savage in 243win. Some very nice groups being shot with this rifle for sure! An with the sporter barrel Id be very pleased.

IMG_20140816_140238_506_zpsrgs4acbe.jpg

Next up was myself shooting the Savage Model 11 Hog Hunter in 223. I have to say for a load that Id never shot before this day I was very pleased with the groups it held. But as myself and Brian were talking about why is it always that "one shot" to mess up a very nice group:dunno:.

IMG_20140816_140203_552_zpsg5jq7tnm.jpg

Last up was NyleRN although not the best grouping of the day, he was defiantly able to get a feel for Ruger Gun Site. But in his defense he shot with open sights and had only shot the rifle 3 times prior to the day of the shoot so with that added in Im not sure Id done any better myself.

IMG_20140816_140212_146_zpsyfoyyffq.jpg

An we ended the day with a nice conversation. Its always good having quality conversation with like minded individual's. I have to say these guys are welcome back at my place anytime. Although Im sure all of us would have liked to have done a bit more shooting I had a great time. Im very glad I went out on a limb an decided to host a meet an shoot. I look forward to having another one in the near future. An a special thanks to 6mmShoot's son Brian for serving our country as well seeing as he is an active duty Marine even if he is retiring here in a couple of weeks. Without men like him none of us would be able to enjoy the rights we have. An thanks to 6mmShoot an NyleRN, Appreciate you fellas coming out and shooting.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks Tommy, yea I was thinking the same thing. As soon as the guys left it started to sprinkle a bit. An yes I hope so, it turned out very well so Ill have to host another.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    green3 has a great range set up. He made some very stable and nice shooting benches. It is a very nice place to shoot.

I don't know about everyone else but I had a good time. My Son said he had a good time as well.

I didn't shoot as well as I would have liked. I thought I was going to show up the pups. That didn't happen. It just wasn't my day. Next time guys, next time I will get you.

It was a good day with some good people. Glad I took the chance and went out. Hope to hold one of my own soon. I just need to set up some benches.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You had a good day for it. I spent it up in Indy...I wound up spending about 6 hours trying to help my son get his computer un-screwed up (unsuccessfully I might add).

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    green3 has a great range set up. He made some very stable and nice shooting benches. It is a very nice place to shoot.

I don't know about everyone else but I had a good time. My Son said he had a good time as well.

I didn't shoot as well as I would have liked. I thought I was going to show up the pups. That didn't happen. It just wasn't my day. Next time guys, next time I will get you.

It was a good day with some good people. Glad I took the chance and went out. Hope to hold one of my own soon. I just need to set up some benches.

Thanks, greatly appreciated! Ha ha I have no doubt youll be ready to take us on next time ;)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    LOL ah heck man I didn't want u to feel left out. Hey least I didn't say u had a $500 dollar leupold scope on there ha ha ha

Well I do have a $200 Leupold scope to go on it but Ruger needs to hurry and send me the correct height ring and I'll be back out to shoot groups with you.:ar15:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I really wanted to attend but was already scheduled for the AK build party. Hopefully next time my schedule will be more accomada ting. Great pics and a nice range set up for sure! Great job and update on the post!

Top Bottom