• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bunch of friggin liars they are. They said ObamaCare would lower costs. They argued with their own membership. Now their are raising the rates to their employees by up to 13% because of "rapidly rising" costs in the health care industry . . . but they are not actually saying what every other insurance company is proclaiming . . . the cost increases are BECAUSE of ObamaCare.

Oh, and they are using a tax dodging loophole and changing deductables and co-payments to avoid the 40% tax penalty that they also endorsed, so I guess that means they are cheating the government out of 40% tax payments . . . sounds like something an evil corporation would do.

Linky to lunacy => Citing health overhaul, AARP hikes employee costs Citing Health Overhaul, AARP Hikes Employee Costs : NPR

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    They used to periodically send me AARP membership cards in the mail - until I sent the last one back engraved with my opinion of their health care support. My wife is still getting the cards, but I don't anymore. I'd encourage anyone who gets one of their solicitations in the mail to send it back in their post-paid envelope along with a valid criticism of the organization. Not only will they stop bothering you, the failed solicitation will end up costing them more money and they won't be able to claim they represent you.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I "lost" my insurance due in part to obamacare... my wifes ins. co. dropped all spouses, that were working at places that offered coverage, and everyone knows, it is cheaper for two to be on the same insurance, than to buy two seperate policies... also, my wifes ins. premiums, are going up..... :twocents:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The OWNER of AARP is a very wealthy Black Democrat who contributes heavily to the Party and is part of the Obama Inner Circle. It was a ruse to make Billions much like the Barney Frank's Boyfriend situation at Fannie Mae

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thats right they are full of it...AARP has their own insurance co. United Health, it is a supplimental insurance. I wonder what kind of deal is in the passed bill for them.

The American Medical Association, which was supposed to state that the doctors were all on board is actually populated by less then half of all doctors in America. It's merely an Association doctors can join if they want, they don't have to, and most don't.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Bunch of friggin liars they are. They said ObamaCare would lower costs. They argued with their own membership. Now their are raising the rates to their employees by up to 13% because of "rapidly rising" costs in the health care industry . . . but they are not actually saying what every other insurance company is proclaiming . . . the cost increases are BECAUSE of ObamaCare.

Are you sure they lied? They said ObamaCare would lower cost but the key question is cost "for who"? :) I'm sure it's going to lower the cost for AARP to supply medical insurance to it's own employees and from that point of view it IS lowering cost. Thus making the statement above true.

ObamaCare IS lowering cost that statement we do know is true. Who it's lowering cost to is a totally different story!

:hijack: to a certain point.
    Have you seen the new commericals and yahoo! videos about the new ALL ELECTRICAL car coming out next year by :dunno: Toyota or maybe Nissan not sure who it's coming out by. In any case base price is $25K and the ad says green car, no more gas, no more oil changes, etc..

Sure all those statements are true.... but..... there is a cost associated with that new car. Your electrical bill will go up (you have to plug into your house to juice it). While you have no bill for oil change/gas you still have to save up for new batteries for the car in the future.

Plus while driving you won't pollute, those batteries are not green at all. Plus the process of making that car is not as green as other process and since you are using up more electricaly that's not as green either.

The point is the base statements are TRUE. It's what reader assumes that the statement applies to that is incorrect. :D

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be on 14 NOV 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...v_2010_-_last_1_for_2010_a-3.html#post1416301

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    AARP is operating on member dues and spending it pushing progressive agendas in order to substantially profit from the add-on's they sell. This is not that much different than the big unions that support the Left's agenda. It is all self-serving at the taxpayer and union members expense.

The next time one of their commercials come on TV look at how it is slanted. It's always some product or something that seems like it would help you and make your golden years more enjoyable.

The best way to de-fund them is to quit sending in dues.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    My wife signed me up with AARP a few years ago, because I am old! After listening to their commercials supporting things we did not support, she sent them a letter and called them saying we QUIT. Of course they haven't quit sending me junk mail, but we put RETURN TO SENDER on the unopened envelopes and put them back in the mailbox. That way they are having to pay for postage twice!

Top Bottom