• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Here is the link to the newspiece done by ABC57 news the other night. They took 2 hours of footage. The piece is fair but not exactly what I wanted. I did not like the comparison of the shoothouse to video games and of course they took soundbites of my interview (which was about 20 mins of footage originally) and pieced it in. All in all it was an ok representation but you are at their mercy on how they edit the piece. It could have been worse.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/ABC57News#p/u/60/IAcbNaLQGtk[/ame]

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Zim, your link is non-functional.

Works for me?

Re-Watched it a couple of times, I think that went as well for you as possible given the general spin that the media tends to put on anything gun related.

That being said I'm SUPER glad you're doing this and I think this ad will drive quite a bit of business for you, especially considering the recently increasing rate of home invasions in SB.

Thumbs up!
    (even with the slide manipulation without dropping the mag first :D )

InB4 : OMG YOUR TAKTIKALS ARE ALL WRAWNG... SLICE MOAR PIES!

Last edited:

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Looks pretty good. I'll check it out next time I'm up that way.

The only problem with the video is that it appears you are using the wrong hand....:scratch:

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Looks pretty good. I'll check it out next time I'm up that way.

The only problem with the video is that it appears you are using the wrong hand....:scratch:

More challenging that way! lol. wait..what color is that supposed to be again. lolol

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Im only about an hour and a half away from your range, and would really like to make it out there some day. I thought it was pretty cool just from the pictures you posted, but after seeing this video, I REALLY want to make it out there!

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Im only about an hour and a half away from your range, and would really like to make it out there some day. I thought it was pretty cool just from the pictures you posted, but after seeing this video, I REALLY want to make it out there!

Shoot over on the toll road. Doesn't take long from Crown Point.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Looks like an awesome range, maybe someday if I find myself way the hell up there in that part of the state, I'll stop by! I didn't get a bad vibe from the news clip, so, I guess they did a fair job, dealing with "news" people is always gonna be a crap shoot for those of us who love our country and our freedoms.:yesway:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Looks like a pretty good advertisement for your business, I know I am interested in making a trip up for a visit some day.

I certainly think you did a wonderful job representing the gun community on TV, no over the top mall ninja attire, and respectable responses to the reporter.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Training. Right. Look guys, most people that use firearms for self defense don't have any kind of special training. And even for the folks that do, do they practice what they learned on a regular basis? Probably not many do. Instinct will reign supreme in a panic self defense situation for most people, and yet most people who find themselves in that situation seem to pull it off. Perfectly? No way. But most make it who have a pistol and have to use it. That's a good thing. Because if you throw some training in behind it, it should help you out a lot. But don't fall into the logic trap that only "highly trained" people should have access to firearms like the Brady campagin wants you to believe. This is merely a tactic they use to get more people on board the gun control band wagon.

Top Bottom