• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkRW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    What kind of .22 lr revolver is the standard for target shooting accuracy?

My Mark III Ruger is great with the CCI Mini Mags, but won't cycle subsonic rounds reliably.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Try Remington Golden bullets, Federals or American Eagle. Those are some good and easy to pay for .22 ammo. My 10/22 shoots them all pretty good, if ammo is a problem.

Only really know of a good one, that is the K22 Masterpeice. Maybe Colt Frontier Scout Buntline or Ruger single-six with 9 1/2 bbl.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    A S&W K17 or K22 is probably the standard by which others are judged.

Also a good clean and lube might be in order.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Picture044-1.jpg

Big Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    I have the new Ruger single ten and it's really accurate. Sights are easy to see and adjust.

MarkRW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    The Ruger single ten convertible (.22 LR and .22 WMR cylinders) looks to be about $450 vs almost $700 for the SW 617 (which I think is the current production model).

Is there a drawback to the convertible Ruger? Seems the MSRP is higher than the non-convertible (.22 LR cylinder only) version.

I have given up buying the real cheap ammo - bulk copper coated hollow point Federal, Winchester, Remington - the accuracy stinks even at 25 yards. The also cheap Federal Lightning and CCI Blazer are OK (lead solid point). But, I like the CCI Mini Mags and Standard Velocity much better.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    I like my SW 617 over my Ruger Single Six. The SW has more barrel weight up front that seems to steady the sights. I have better acuracy with it.

MarkRW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Looking at Ruger again, it seems they have the Single 10 (.22 lr only) and Single 6 Convertible (.22 lr and .22 wmr interchangeable cylinders).

These models are supposedly "easy to load".

Any opinions on the convertible single six?

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    That's what I've got in stainless. It's a great shooter, can bounce cans all over the yard with it. Also very accurate when target shooting. Honestly, I've not put the mag cylinder in it.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I picked up a Heritage Rough Rider with 6 1/2" barrel and fiber optic sights at Bradis, 2 days ago. After about a hundred fifty rounds so far its as accurate or better that any other .22 revolver I've shot at half the price. I'm getting great groups from Aguila hyper velocity ammo.
    This came with the .22 mag cylinder also but have yet to put it in.

nosybobby52

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    i also vote ruger. had a single six ,it was great.also had a mark I standard and it was accurate and never ever misfired or jammed and i shot an incredable amount of lead through it. six inch or more barrel is best on whatever you get.

Top Bottom