Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    EVENT: DS101 – Defensive Shotgun Fundamentals
    DATE: 26OCT13 0900 to ???
    INSTRUCTOR: John Viray, assisted by ACT staff
    TUITION: $75

In this course, we will concentrate on keeping the gun running. Reloading the shotgun while on the go will be explored using several different method. The differences in ammunition and its' application, pump vs semi-auto and patterning the shotgun will be discussed and illustrated on the range. Utilizing the shotgun on some of ACT's favorite drills will end the day. The class should take ap 4hrs.

Attendees will need to bring 5ea slugs, 10ea 00 or 4buck and 50 or more shotshells (cheap).

Questions or for registration materials contact john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    what do we need for gear?

should shotguns have slings?

should we have some kind of special gear? ammo holders? dump bag work for ammo? etc

Just trying to figure out what I need that I probably dont have.

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway

should we have some kind of special gear? ammo holders? dump bag work for ammo? etc

Wondering the same things. I really want to do this, but not sure what I'll need. It'll be interesting to see if I can find #4 buckshot around here.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

Good questions!

I'm hoping sling is optional.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You'll need a sling. You won't need much other gear unless you want to use it. Loading loose rounds from a dump pouch will work, or maybe even your pockets. Once you get some repetitions reloading, it will probably help you decide how you want to carry extra shells.

Here is what I sent to riverman67 in email:

Here is what I use with my shotguns to attach a single point sling: http://www.botachtactical.com/kzunwilo.html
    These look like they would work great with a single point sling on your 930 if you don't like my wire loops above: http://www.botachtactical.com/me93holoform.html, http://www.botachtactical.com/me93slloform.html

As far as slings go, there are so many single point slings that are so similar, it's almost impossible to pick one over the others. For what it's worth, here is what I use. It can also be used as a non-quick adjustable two point sling: http://www.lapolicegear.com/bpg-dieter-cqd-sling.html. If you look around, you can find it in OD or khaki if you don't like black.

Shell carriers are hugely a personal preference thing. I used to mount a lot of shells on my gun with www.3gungear.com stuff, but now I think it's better to keep the gun as light as possible so you can drive it faster. I would get a dump pouch like a Maxpedition Rolly Poly and use it to hold loose shells. If you want belt trays, Choate, California Competition Works make the least expensive. Some others make really spendy versions of the same idea in aluminum.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    OK, thanks rhino!! I think for my needs, ie home defense, a dump pouch may be the quick/best option. Ill look around and figure some stuff out. thanks!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    For this class, the sling is optional but highly recommended. Rhino's recommendations for slings etc. are spot on. Loading from a dump pouch will work just fine. I'll have examples of several methods of carrying spare ammo and participants will be able to go hands on with them.

Top Bottom