• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hey guys, I did a search and so much came up I thought I would just start a new thread. I have a few dependable pocket knives that I use and hold up good. I'm just not really a knife guy and know very little about them. I'm looking to get a fixed blade knife w/ sheath for when I go to the woods, heavier work, ect. Read bad reviews of the Gerber Bear Grylls ultimate survivor knife so Leary about buying it. I'm just looking for a dependable knife for not much use that's fixed blade. I'd prefer it as cheap as possible (college student) but something that isn't going to break the first time I use it or is flimsy. Thanks guys and sorry if this is in another thread.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    uhhh are kershaws still reasonable? i've had one for ages that i broke the tip off by prying on something that was tougher than what i was prying with. still damn good blade minus the last 1/8". personally i like folding utility knives with the replaceable razor blades. i've had one of the blue ones you get from auto parts stores that i EDC for nearly 10 years now. used and abused every single day, never mind the rust it got from cutting limes at a party once.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Budget wise, I'd like to keep in the 50ish range if that's even possible. And I'm looking for around a 6-7 inch blade. Nothing too large, just bigger than my folding knife. EDC glock has depleted the funds pretty good lol.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I just got my Cold Steel G.I. Tanto with Kydex sheath from Amazon.com for about $25. It's made in China, and the smooth handles suck (paracord wrap, or use a Dremel tool/file to groove), but the knife is really very good for it's price point. You can also go to Knives at Knife Center and read many of the reviews for all kinds of knives.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I have one that was my grandpa's, but I've not used it. But they get good reviews, are made in the USA, forever warranty, and a bit of a classic. 6" blade, 420HC stainless, leather sheath.

The Buck 119 Special

You can find them cheaper than the suggested retail listed on Buck's site.

BUCK

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    check out becker knives. they have some on sale just over your budget that are awesome knives for the money. you may have to bump up to 65 bucks or so but for a solid fixed blade with a good warranty and made in the usa they are hard to beat.

the becker short drop point can be found several places for about 60 bucks right now and is a 1/4 thick has a Blade length 4-3/8"; Overall length 9-1/4" comes with a cheap nylon sheath set up.

get with knifelady on here and she can square you away. she is a becker dealer.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    I agree with grunt soldier^ Check out Becker! For the price, they have some good stuff. And if you do feel the need to spend a little more, ESEE's are great knives.

Top Bottom