• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I ordered some ammo from AIM Surplus online last night, and this evening when I checked my email, they sent me a message saying that they couldn't process my order because they didn't have a government-issued ID (Driver's License, etc.) on file and asked me to fax or email them a copy. I replied to them and asked if they really needed that, and if they did, they were the only online retailer that I'm aware of that has that requirement for ammo. I told them I don't even need to show ID to buy ammo in person! Has anyone else had this experience? Is AIM the only one that does this? If so, I'll cancel my order and order from another supplier.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Yes, about a week ago... I called and asked about it to!! all they wanted was an official ID with my name and age. I ended up taking a pic of my ID blanking out all my info.. pic address, DLN, etc just name and age.. took a pic of that the emailed it over... :)

other than that it was a pretty good experience. I know other online retailers want your info... I think Classicarms wants your DLN... so I won't order from them.. ever

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Two places I know that require proof are AIM and Wideners. I know there are many more but can't think who all does.

Last I knew Ammo to Go, MidwayUSA, Graf and Sons, Natchez, Cheaper than Dirt does not require anything but maybe clicking a box on the site saying you are of age and not prohibited from buying ammo.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There are many sites that require an ID on file before they sell you ammo thanks to big brother watching over their shoulder. Aim has been doing it for as long as I have done business with them, which is longer than many members of this site have been legally able to buy ammo of any type. :D

Once you are listed with AIM, you will find they are one of the best online sellers you can deal with, so....deal with it :D :D :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Two places I know that require proof are AIM and Wideners. I know there are many more but can't think who all does.

Last I knew Ammo to Go, MidwayUSA, Graf and Sons, Natchez, Cheaper than Dirt does not require anything but maybe clicking a box on the site saying you are of age and not prohibited from buying ammo.
    I ordered this ammo previously (7.65x53 Argentine) from Wideners, and they didn't ask for it... I guess from the other posts (thanks everyone!) it's legit... just struck me as odd... guess I'll go scan my license.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are many sites that require an ID on file before they sell you ammo thanks to big brother watching over their shoulder. Aim has been doing it for as long as I have done business with them, which is longer than many members of this site have been legally able to buy ammo of any type. :D

Once you are listed with AIM, you will find they are one of the best online sellers you can deal with, so....deal with it :D :D :D
    Since I just applied for my C&R license I guess I'd better stay on good terms with them, huh? :):

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Since I just applied for my C&R license I guess I'd better stay on good terms with them, huh? :):

The only problem I have had with AIM is how much money I have sent them in exchange for all the cool toys they have.

With you getting your C&R just be prepared to watch your savings go to them, and some really nice stuff coming to you. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    AIM is AAA rated as far as I'm concerned and the I.D. thing is no big deal. I have nothing to hide. I click on a button and every time the order arrives before I expect it. Prices are same or better in most cases related to ammo. If I recall, they are located just north of Cinci, OH. and most orders to Indiana are only a few days away, or less.

There are a few other sources that are good too and we are damn lucky to have these companies providing us these type of services. Order what you need before such easy access and cheap prices change. It could happen overnight.

For now, rock n roll, lock n load and blast away. :rockwoot::ar15:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    There are many sites that require an ID on file before they sell you ammo thanks to big brother watching over their shoulder.

I always figured it was just so they knew you didn't like in Illinois, where buying ammo is nearly the same as buying a handgun in the rest of the country.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010

No, let Aim deal with the loss of business their policy creates. If you want to trade your privacy for a couple of bucks in savings, be my guest.

I can get almost a good a deal at a gun show or from another retailer who isn't so nosey...

Top Bottom