• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Besides the drop in battery life and slight increase in dimensions, what are the significant differences between the two?
    I truly can't find any.

$499 vs $799

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105_130826_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240105_130826_Chrome.jpg
      486.6 KB · Views: 1
    • Screenshot_20240105_130756_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240105_130756_Chrome.jpg
      443.7 KB · Views: 1

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I just bought the Duty RDS. I change my batteries in my HD guns once a year so I don’t need the 5 year battery life. It’s on all the time just like the T2’s and is only fractionally larger, mainly due to the different controls.

Pro tip: Buy it from Scalarworks. You get a high end QD mount, premounted to your red dot for 509. It’s basically a free aftermarket mount

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Weight, size, battery life, digital buttons (Duty) vs. analog dial (T2), two extra daylight settings (T2). I’ve heard good things about the Duty, so it really comes down to the additional battery life and what controls you prefer. With push button it takes longer to get to your desired intensity aetting. For some that may make a difference. For most it won’t.

If I was buying new, I’d go the Duty/Scalarworks route as noted by @turnerdye1 but if I was OK going used, you can probably find used T2s in good shape for about the same price.

Nowadays if you want the “bestest of the best,” the M5S would be my optic of choice. I’m still running a PRO and have zero complaints though. I also only paid about $300 for it a few years ago with an Larue LT-129 mount, cover, caps, and extended battery compartment, so it was a smokin’ good deal.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have both. I don’t think you can really go wrong with either one, but I like the dial settings on the micro over the buttons. The RDS replaced the PRO I had on my previous issued rifle and I haven’t beat on it as hard yet. My only issue is the battery that came in the RDS only lasted about four months. Its replacement has been going for considerably longer, so it was likely shipped with a crappy battery.

Top Bottom