• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Just got this red dot and want to remove the spacer to lower the sight. I have removed the screws that hold the locking base but can get the 'spacer' out. The instructions show this should separate but can't budge it. Does is slide forward, sideways, or do I have to pry it?? It is pretty tight and I don't want to start gouging it up if I don't know which way it is supposed to go. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_155521.jpg
      IMG_20200820_155521.jpg
      497.8 KB · Views: 56

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That looks like the base without a spacer. Do you have another view?

The spacer has a series of horizontal holes drilled perpedicular to line of sight. At least mine does

1424_1_.jpg

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Yes, I want to separate the spacer and mount without it. But I cant get the spacer apart from the mount after I removed the screws. That is what I am asking, if there is a certain way that spacer comes out?

The pic I attached is from the manual and shows the spacer as a separate item but I can't get it to release.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Never mind guys, I got it off. I just slipped an allen wrench in one of the holes in the spacer and levered it downward and it finally popped free. Pretty tight tolerances between the parts. Thanks.:ugh:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    When dealing with tight tolerance parts, I'd recommend against prying them apart.

Tap on it with a plastic mallet, the vibrations will get things to slip apart.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    When dealing with tight tolerance parts, I'd recommend against prying them apart.

Tap on it with a plastic mallet, the vibrations will get things to slip apart.

Agreed. I tried that with a small rubber hammer from different sides. Tried sliding it also, and hand pressure from every angle I could think of. As a last resort slid one of the provided allen wrenches in one of the spacer holes and gradually applied more pressure downward. I avoided trying to jam a sharp edge between the pieces. Fortunately I guessed correctly and didn't cause any damage.

240sx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2019
    Fishers
    I'm thinking of picking one up with my Cabelas gift cards. I was reading some issues about the tension knob coming loose on the mount? Anybody have this issue

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm thinking of picking one up with my Cabelas gift cards. I was reading some issues about the tension knob coming loose on the mount? Anybody have this issue
    I have been using one fairly hard on a Sig 516 for about six months with no issue.

Any quick-release stuff and all knobs get checked every time I unmount it from the rack. Never found the mount knob loose, but I find the dot knob on every once in a while.

240sx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2019
    Fishers
    Thank you gentlemen for your feedback.
    Thinking of replacing my Holoson with the Aimpoint since its defensive rifle I keep handy

Top Bottom