• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Just hope he doesn’t get caught. Fines for killing protected species are substantial. Even having parts/feathers without a permit is illegal.

This is all ungood- he’s killing birds that he doesn’t even know what they are.
    He is killing the birds that are poking holes in the stucco. He is not bothering the others. If a creature is damaging your property, I fail to see why you should not do what you have to to protect it.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    He is killing the birds that are poking holes in the stucco. He is not bothering the others. If a creature is damaging your property, I fail to see why you should not do what you have to to protect it.
    You should at least have some idea what you're killing. Such ignorance makes me doubt he could tell an offending bird from a non-offending bird.

And the federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act would likely not accept "holes in my property" as a valid reason to kill protected species.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    You should at least have some idea what you're killing. Such ignorance makes me doubt he could tell an offending bird from a non-offending bird.

And the federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act would likely not accept "holes in my property" as a valid reason to kill protected species.
    For some reason you don't seem to be grasping the basic problem (perhaps my explanation was poor). While he may not know the *name* of the birds doing the damage, he does recognize them by their physical features. He is only killing the birds that are inflicting hundreds (thousands?) of dollars of damage on his property.

I do find it interesting that the Eco-Karens that infest NGO and government agencies have no problem going after individuals trying to protect their property from nuisance animals, but will turn a blind eye to wind and solar farms that wipe out vast numbers of flora and fauna. It is only a matter of time before they declare mosquitos an endangered species. :wallbash:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    There are alternative ways to keep the damage from happening, such as stapling visqueen over the affected area. If the birds are using it for nesting, they will be forced to move elsewhere. If for food, he has other more serious problems to deal with.

Top Bottom