• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    I bought a used AK-74 made by Marcolmar in Richmond. Does any one know the history of these AK's? Anyone else have one? It's nice and well made. I've fired it a few times and it shoots good.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Dave Bane @ MarColMar is good people, and I expect anything with his company name attached to it would be top flight.

IIRC, he has done batches of Romanian and Bulgarian AK-74s in recent years. The actual building on the Bulgarians was done by Troy Sellars @ InRange (also top notch stuff).

Does yours look like this?
    aks-74_package.jpg

MarColMar Firearms LLC est. 2004

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    The 5.45x39 round is a lot more accurate round than the 7.62x39 (AK47 round).
    It more closely compares to the 5.56/.223 of the AR15.
    Just be careful what you are shooting because most of the cheap mil-surp ammo is corrosive & requires a wash out of the salt before the regular cleaning.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    The 5.45x39 round is a lot more accurate round than the 7.62x39 (AK47 round).
    It more closely compares to the 5.56/.223 of the AR15.
    Just be careful what you are shooting because most of the cheap mil-surp ammo is corrosive & requires a wash out of the salt before the regular cleaning.

accurate?? I had no trouble putting 30 round mags into cars and bring them to a full stop over in Iraq. I never thought about the accuracy that much. AK-47 with 7.62x39 did the trick.

11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Shooter 521
    No mine doesn't look like the one in the photo. Mine has solid folding stock. It also has a different muzzle break. It looks like a M60 MG type Which I've seen on other AK74's.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    74 by marcolmar

I have one of these too and They are The best Quality 74 I have handled personally! SHOOTER521 is right on Dave is awesome and INRANGE is one of the top builders. I got mine when MARCOLMAR first offered them and I have looked since to get another.

I bought a used AK-74 made by Marcolmar in Richmond. Does any one know the history of these AK's? Anyone else have one? It's nice and well made. I've fired it a few times and it shoots good.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    accurate?? I had no trouble putting 30 round mags into cars and bring them to a full stop over in Iraq. I never thought about the accuracy that much. AK-47 with 7.62x39 did the trick.

I never said the AK47s were inaccurate, most if set up right have fairly good accuracy. I was saying the 5.45x39 round of the AK74 has less drop than the 7.62x39 round of the AK47.
    And thank you for your service in Iraq, what branch of armed service did you serve? :patriot:

Top Bottom