• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccolip2189

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    New Palestine
    i have a wsar ak 47 and recently i have noticed that when i shoot it then pin that hold the trigger keeps slipping out i have tried everything i can think of does anyone have any ideas

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    There's a part inside called a "Shepherd's Crook", it's a wire retainer for the trigger and hammer pins- it rests in a groove on the pins, just inside the receiver on the left side. Most likely the shepherd's crook is on the wrong side of the raised ridge on the trigger pin, and not keeping it in place.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXjebSTAAPM[/ame]

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    There's a part inside called a "Shepherd's Crook", it's a wire retainer for the trigger and hammer pins- it rests in a groove on the pins, just inside the receiver on the left side. Most likely the shepherd's crook is on the wrong side of the raised ridge on the trigger pin, and not keeping it in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXjebSTAAPM

^^^ This.

Do yourself a favor and get a retaining plate to replace the Shephards crook. Retaining plates are easier to install and remove.:twocents:

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    Agreed, Google "tapco retaining plate" for more info on that. You can also replace the shepherd's crook with small "E" clips, though I don't remember the size needed.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I just put the Tapco unit in my Yugo last night, nice piece and fits well. If you don't have a G2 trigger I'd get that as well, since you will already be digging around in there.

Top Bottom