• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I just got done zeroing my new AK underfolder equipped with a Sightmark 1x reflex dot. I was wondering 25/100 meter zero holds true for optics as well as open sights? Also, for the folks that possess the knowledge, do you consider my groups to be good enough to be considered a "zeroed"?

I was using the M16/AR15 25 meter zero target from 25 meters. I've heard that these also work for AK47's except its 25/100.

010-3.jpg

The low left misses were from my stupid mistake of not tightening the rails all the way down before zeroing. Luckily it wasn't thrown off too much. The miss far left was from me accidently jerking. The top and right target were the best ones.

If this was your AK rifle would you feel comfortable with this grouping?

I was using Ulyanovsk FMJ 122 Grain ammo.

014-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    yes a optic is just a aid to iron sights(or replacement for some) a quick zero will get you in the ball park but its not a exact science irons or optics doesn't matter.... however different types of ammo behave differently i believe for our m16's the quick zero was 33meters and that got use close our 200 meter zero but that target was designed for 5.56 ammo.... but once you find your sweet spot irons and optics should share the same point of impact

and that's a respectable group there not really the most comfortable firearm in the world you could do better it you really wanted too but for a plinker id say your doing just fine

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    groups dont really make a zero. good groups make it easier to tell what your zero is if that makes sense. as long as the shots are equal left, right, up, down, of the point of aim you are zeroed.

it appears by pic #3 that you need to adjust down a little. its hard to tell how far with nothing in the pic to measure off of but i think if you went down the radius of the circle you would be perfect

Top Bottom