• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I am trying to find a shop with a good selection of AK's, VZ's etc., so I can put my hands on them and see what I am getting into! I live in SW Indiana and am willing to drive an 90 minutes or so if needed.

Your advice is appreciated!!! :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not familiar with that region of the state...

But perhaps Whitacre's in Owensboro?

Could gawk at the store and then have BBQ at Moonlight?

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    Well, there's lot's of gun shows around. Louisville was last weekend, and it had some AK's but not much. 21st Century Firearms has a decent selection, but that would be quite a drive for you. I don't live in Southern Indiana So I couldn't really tell ya down there, but if your willing to go up north, I would say Midwest up in Mishewaka.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I find that most shops only carry the low end Century Ak's.

You might be better off ordering from an online source like KVAR and having your local FFL do the transfer.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Not familiar with that region of the state...

But perhaps Whitacre's in Owensboro?

Could gawk at the store and then have BBQ at Moonlight?

Normally Whittacres is my first and last stop LOL. They occationally have a couple of AK styles, but not normally more than a very few. If it were anything else, though... I would already be driving! :) Moonlight is always tasty too...

I was probably wondering more about stores in Louisville/Clarksville area, Terre Haute, Jasper, Washington and so forth. I am pretty familiar with the stores around Evansville area.

Thanks to all so far, though!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Depending on your exact location, Whittaker's near Owensboro usually has several. If you're closer to Louisville then Kiesller's or Orion Arms or whatever it is they're calling themselves now in Clarksville, 111 Guns in Louisville and Shooter's Supply also in Louisville carry a good selection.

You posted while I was typing this, so I'll add a bit more. Forget about Jasper and Washington. About all you find there, if they have any, are Wasrs. Nothing wrong with them, just lower end rifles and no selection. And yep, can't go wrong with Moonlight!

Top Bottom