• Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    "Allowing guns at the game?!
    Scott Schneider has gone around the bend."

So stated the latest campaign flyer to land in my mailbox today, courtesy of the Indiana Democratic State Central Committee. Authorized by DeLaney for Senate.

It goes on to say that Scott Schneider let politicians decide who can carry guns, as he voted to allow guns at little league games, libraries, parks and other places kids play.

I say good, Scott Schneider will get my vote, then. Apparently our Constitutional right to bear arms is a foreign concept to these people. The scariest part is just how many people feel that way - that the mere presence of firearms presents some sort of mortal danger to all children (and sheeple, for that matter) in the vicinity.

People! More guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is a *good* thing. It doesn't mean fire fights are going to break out over an umpire's bad call, or that fender benders are going to result in bloodshed.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir here. I swear, today's society just makes me sick to my stomach, sometimes.

David202

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I received the same flyer a couple days ago. I knew (know) very little about Scott Schneider but this gave me enough information to suggest that he should get my vote. Probably not their intent.

I guess they think there aren't kids anywhere other than little league games, libraries and parks? The whole thing seemed weird to me.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is a TV ad stating the same thing, and all I can say is thank you to the democrats for pointing out that Schneider stands for our second amendment and his democrat opponent doesn't.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Oh my GOD! Guns at little league games! What sort of sick individual would even consider carrying an evil weapon of death and destruction at a little league game, or ANYWHERE a child might be present?

Oh, wait, I've been doing that for years, and not one single death has resulted in my actions.

These antis are just ****ing sick, no two ways about it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    a friend of mine had taken a picture of it and posted on facebook that now he knew who was getting his vote. He was referring that the ad was perfect to get his vote, to the other side. Yea, how silly, why would we want to defend our kids?

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Oh DeLaney. I am somewhat active in this campaign. The dems are hitting four GOP senators in the Indy area for SB292. They call them the 4 extremes. Scott Schneider is a good man and deserves your vote if you are in his district.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    And honestly if you happen to be the volunteer type of guy, he could definitely use all the help he can get, he is in a marginal district.

PM me and I can get you in contact with them if you are interested.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Although I do agree that firearms should be allowed all these places I can see how ignorant people might think tempers could fly at a little league game and cause a "situation". But libraries??? I wasn't aware that they are so often the site for a heated argument so intense that a law abiding gun owner would be inclined to shoot someone. Would you have to have a suppressor if you carry in the library?

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    I think it's sick that these anti gun nuts feel that their opinions and feelings on the topic should outweigh someones RIGHTS.

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I could see issues being raised about little league games since they can take place on school property, but I was not aware that guns were banned in libraries and parks. Is that a local city ordinance?

Top Bottom