• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I got big hands (size 15 ring) and I don't care for the little subcompact autos. They don't feel comfortable to me, but my J-frame S&W 36 feels great in my hands as does my Charter Arms Bulldog (44 special). Do any others feel this way or am I just weird?

I already know I'm weird and have accepted that a long time ago, and it's fun.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'll agree that snubbies generally feel better in the hand than most sub-compact semi autos. But in both cases, I'm willing to compromise for comfort of carry through the summer months. And being weird helps no matter what you carry!

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I agree with you on that , I am not a big fan of the little sub compacts , but my air weight feels great in my hand and I like to carry that . I generally grab the G30 .

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm in the size 15 camp as well, and agree with you in regards to the semis....with one exception. I really like the feel of the Springfield XD9 Subcompact. I had completely written off the compact semis before picking that one up.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Same with me. I carry my 638 J frame always. I have tried and tired to like my 23 but it just does not fit my hand. And anything smaller than that just is not happening. But it is kind of odd that those little J's fit so many people so good.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Do any others feel this way or am I just weird?

QUOTE]

Why do these two things have to be mutually exclusive? :dunno: If I were you, I would go to Ranger Supply Co in Ft Wayne, they can sort out any issue you may have! :rockwoot:

LOL After my last dealings with Ranger Supply I learned my lesson, never ever again. Besides I got Bradis in my backyard, really top notch. :cool:

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    Almost always have a J Frame smith with me. Love 'em and have carried one legally since 1979. So with me anyway, all guns feel funny in my grip except for a J frame Smith, due to my long time familiarity with them. Can't keep from buying them either.

2 Mod 36 2" RB (both are old, one has been restored by S&W to mint and will remain so)
    1 Mod 637 Crimson Trace
    1 Mod 638
    1 Mod 442
    1 Mod 360PD .357 (Hurts to shoot but feels good to grip lol)

Is 5 rounds enough? I dunno yet, never had to shoot anyone. Hope I never know.

Top Bottom