America Is Going to Be Targeted for a Massive Terrorist Attack...Will You Be Ready?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I pray that we are never called on to do these things, but being ready is the only option left available. Prepare, plan, train (train, train, train, train), execute.
    My $0.02 worth...if anything happened here (USA), similar to what happened in Israel last October, I suspect that we'd be, for the most part, on our own, as individuals in this country!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The disconnect (a form of normalcy bias) is the belief that some calvary will be there to defend oneself and property. The rule of law is almost dead and few know…
    The difficulty for many is their entire lives are intertwined in the current world and it is unfathomable to countenance a life different than that.

When the SHTF (and it maybe very close by) it will not be an inconvenient situation, it will be a change of EVERYTHING that we have known our entire lives. So don’t be so hard on others, as it will be the worst thing we have ever experienced in our lives…

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    The difficulty for many is their entire lives are intertwined in the current world and it is unfathomable to countenance a life different than that.

When the SHTF (and it maybe very close by) it will not be an inconvenient situation, it will be a change of EVERYTHING that we have known our entire lives. So don’t be so hard on others, as it will be the worst thing we have ever experienced in our lives…
    If you haven't taken steps to mentally prepare for this yet, now is the time...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Pro tip: You are your own first responder.
    You're always on your own.
    Yup...that's one of the reasons why we moved out into the county and closer to dad's (farm), along with all the resources that are available out here verses being trapped in a city environment. As well as being out of range from the more immediate issues / threats associated with being in a city type environment, should there be any coordinated attacks or societal collapse.
    As a former volunteer EMT (26 years experience), I am well prepared (experience and stocked supplies) to handle many different types of physical injuries, including broken bones (stabilize), cuts / lacerations (sutures), and GSW's (blood loss stoppers, including tourniquets, etc.)
    Food supplies come from basic stock as well as garden (mom still gardens) supplies, amish neighbors for meat (2 key items of beef & bacon) products, etc.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    If you haven't taken steps to mentally prepare for this yet, now is the time...
    Mental preparation...Yes! But not just mentally, but also in knowledge and skill training as well!
    The key is to be able to be self-reliant...
    The basics are an adequate and sustainable food, shelter, and water supply...
    Then Protection and Self-Defense...
    The ability to respond to and handle / manage physical injuries including broken bones, cuts / lacerations, even GSW's...and keep sufficient medications, for those for where they're necessary.
    Initially, do all as discreetly and as quietly as possible.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Here is a scenario, based on things that have happened in the last several months and years.

Week 1:
    Several mass shootings rock the nation as schools, shopping malls and houses of worship are attacked over several days. Protests to "Stop the Violence" and "Repeal the 2nd" pop up around the nation. By the end of the week many of them are near riot stages during the evening.

Weekend 1:
    During several of the protests, in several cities lone wolf patriots and some rogue cops open fire on the crowds. The news media go wild flaming the protests into riots, sections of large cities start to burn. Some governors call out the National Guard to supplement local law enforcement. Response to the call out is mixed with 1/3 calling in sick, or already occupied in their primary occupations in first response and health care.

Week 2:
    As cities start to burn, a massive cyber-attack hits the phone grid and internet, cutting off communication between panicked families and crashing several 911 centers in large cities. The inability to direct fire and medial responses causes more deaths and distrust. With cities in chaos, truckers refuse to deliver needed supplies. Food and aid stack up in warehouses around major cities.

Weekend 2:
    With first responders already stretched thin, distribution warehouses and food processing plants start to experience fires all over the country.

Week 3:
    Across the nation, several bridges and overpasses collapse due to trucks exploding at key points. A day later dozens of power substations are attacked causing mass blackouts. Crews are not able to do their jobs safely, so they aren't even called up.

Much of America is now cut off from food, medical treatment, water in several days and communication with each other and authorities. Crisis after crisis has left responders exhausted and stretched thin.

How and when does the Federal government respond? Will it be too little, too late, or massive overreach.

When, where, how and around whom do we rally to fight back against this?
    Looks like a good high level novel outline... write it before it happens

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    If it truly ever gets that bad, I’m probably screwed as I don’t have the necessary skills or stockpiles to maintain for very long. I don’t have the funds for the necessary stockpile.

Hopefully I’ll be able to partner with folks since I have chemistry, mechanical, and reloading skills.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If it truly ever gets that bad, I’m probably screwed as I don’t have the necessary skills or stockpiles to maintain for very long. I don’t have the funds for the necessary stockpile.

Hopefully I’ll be able to partner with folks since I have chemistry, mechanical, and reloading skills.
    Skills are probably more valuable than preps…

Top Bottom