• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Hello,I know this is a dumb question,but here goes.I know you can't sell unused ammo to a gun store when you buy a different gun,or even trade it in.Does that apply at gun shows also?I am getting ready to go to a gun show and I have some ammo I might want to trade with a gun I want to trade.I don't have enough to put an ad in,but I don't need it just sitting there in my gun safe.Thanks for any input>>>>>:dunno:Also,Does anyone know whether the gun show in Seymour is worth going to?I'd like to go this weekend,but I don't want waste my time if it is usually not worth going to....Thanks for any replies......

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Sell it on here... You have 50 posts, and there is a classifieds section for ammo. But to answer your question... you could take it with you to a gun show but more than likely a vendor will not buy it or take trades on it; however someone attending the gun show may have interest.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    What kind of ammo ?? You certainly could list it in the INGO classifieds.

Companies that sell at gun shows won't buy it because they don't know the history. But, you can more than likely sell it to attendees of the show. Make yourself a sandwich board. :)

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    What is it? Where are you located?

Plenty of people on here, I am sure some are in your area and willing to make a deal on some ammo.

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    I called a few gunshops in Indy to sell them ammo, they had no problem buying it.

:twocents:

Thank you very much for the info.Both gunshops I went to told me it was against the law for them to buy,or take ammo in trade.I believe the people on here more than I do gun shop owners.I guess they just didn't want to give me anything for it so they just told me that.I will not be going to either shop in the future.And I probably will buy another gun this weekend,but it won't be from them.Thank you again for the info.:ingo:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thank you very much for the info.Both gunshops I went to told me it was against the law for them to buy,or take ammo in trade.I believe the people on here more than I do gun shop owners.I guess they just didn't want to give me anything for it so they just told me that.I will not be going to either shop in the future.And I probably will buy another gun this weekend,but it won't be from them.Thank you again for the info.:ingo:

The stores I called told me that they could be interested, they asked me what ammo it was and how much I wanted for it.
    They wanted a ridiculous price for it so I didn't sell them.But they were ok to buy it from me as long as I didn't know the real value of what I got.
    You will get better prices if you sell your ammo to private shooters and not stores.
    They want to buy it very cheap from you in order to make a profit from it later when they sell it.
    A shooter will be glad to buy it even if it's just a few bucks under store value because they just want to shoot it.

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    The stores I called told me that they could be interested, they asked me what ammo it was and how much I wanted for it.
    They wanted a ridiculous price for it so I didn't sell them.But they were ok to buy it from me as long as I didn't know the real value of what I got.
    You will get better prices if you sell your ammo to private shooters and not stores.
    They want to buy it very cheap from you in order to make a profit from it later when they sell it.
    A shooter will be glad to buy it even if it's just a few bucks under store value because they just want to shoot it.

You are absolutely right.I know they have to make a profit,but I am not going to give it away.I had to pay for it.I might put an ad on here if I can't trade it at the gunshow this weekend.Thank you for the info......:yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You are absolutely right.I know they have to make a profit,but I am not going to give it away.I had to pay for it.I might put an ad on here if I can't trade it at the gunshow this weekend.Thank you for the info......:yesway:

I know.They wanted half of what I paid for it, and after they would probably have sold it 50% more than what I paid for it.

You can sell it at the actual online price, that way you wont hardly lose any money and the buyer still has a good deal since he will save on shipping cost and save time by just picking the ammo at your door (or wherever you meet for the sale).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hell, I bought two 100 round bags of Georgia Arms 9mm from a shop in Seymour that they took in on trade. I traded a .22 magun rifle in early this year and the shop owner counted the ammo as trade value.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    My Uncle purchased a colt 1911, had plenty of 40sw but not much 45acp The gun shop that he had just spent $1200 in, only offered him 800rds of 45acp for 2500rds of 40sw that were still boxed in 50rds. And no it wasn't at Don's guns.

Not sure where he went or did, but was able to do a private deal of 1500 45acp for 2,000 40sw

Top Bottom