• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Before you get too crazy, check online for oil points to make sure you are lubing what needs it.

A drop in each of the 3 holes on the side of BCG (excluding the firing pin retainer) made all the difference when my gun was new. Cycle the action a few times to work it around the bolt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    North West Indiana
    Lube the heck out of that thing so that new parkerized finish can "season". you should lube it as if you were playing in the sand box. If you are shooting from a bench make sure you arent resting the mag on any surface. If the problem persists, try an extractor upgrade kit from BCM(cheap reliability). If you still have issues i would guess its either a timing/dwell issue or not enough gas. You need to know if your rifle is fully cycling. like mentioned before, load the mag with one round to be sure the bolt travels all the way back.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do not have a S&W, mine is a Bushmaster. So far I have tried:

Winchester
    PMC
    Federal
    Remington
    MFS
    Horinady
    Black Hills
    Olympic

The only ammo that has given my problems is the Olympic. I have nearly 1,000 rounds through mine, and the most I do in terms of cleaning is swab the barrel.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    i took the ar out this weeked. i cleaned it and oiled it before i took it out. I spray oil into it before i started shooting so i knew everything was good and lubed. The first few rounds out of the full mag jammed. Everything came out when I removed the mag and racked back the charging handle. i dropped the round count in the mag and it seemed to function fine. I forgot to have my buddy grab his other mags to see if they worked better. I am going to have to try that next time. Im pretty sure this is just a mag issue. Right now i am using PMAG's. Ill find another mag and see if that functions better. oh, and yes it does fully cycle. bolt locks to the rear on the last round out of the mag

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I have 16 p-mags that I run in my M&P15 MOE and they feed just fine even at 30rds. Around 1,000 rounds through her so far and neither a misfeed or ejection problem.

AXE835

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    East central Indiana
    I ues P-mags in both of my M&P-15s ones a m.o.e. the other is a stright carbine haven't had any feed problems yet 3000+ rds. combined. Wife used a couple GI mags had a few FTE (stovepipes) dont use them any more. Used all kinds of ammo been good so far. check BCG maybe a new extractor and spring? would have to look to be sure.

Top Bottom