• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HUFFMANWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    VA.
    Any body had any experence with these? I have one that i'm getting ready to dress up. Have taken trigger down to 2.4 lbs now wanting to look in to a diff barrel.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I had one, it was a great shooter. Mine had a 10" barrel, I bought it to shoot tree rats, but only used it to kill paper plates. I never had the first problem with the gun, I wished I knew where it was, I'd love to have it back.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    I still have mine, complete with laser grips and a ram-line 12 Rd. mag.

Crimson trace grips were won at a FONRA dinner.

I would like to see Ram-Line start making the 12 rd. mags again.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I have a 6 1/2 incher that I bought at the Tipton show years ago for $150 from a man carrying it around. Had box and 2 mags and was in almost new condition. Have shot it a lot and never a problem. Great fishin gun and will shoot 5/8 inch 10 shot groups at 25 yards from bags. Would never sell it. Can't believe that nobody would give that man $150 for that pistol. Thjose cheapos sure lost out there...! John

Otis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've had one for years, never a problem. watch out for plastic clips. They don't work well in it. I wonder what happened to the company?

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    IIRC, AMT went through several ownership/location changes over its lifespan, lost patent infringement suits by Ruger on both their "Lightning" models (rifle and pistol) and was plagued with recurring QC issues in virtually all of their products.

I owned one of their 1911-A1 GM copies and a DAO Backup .45. The former worked fine OTB, but had several dimensional issues which made "upgrading/customizing" with aftermarket parts difficult. The latter worked like a champ despite a whopping 17 lb. trigger pull. Extremely difficult to make it any lighter due to the action geometry and spring rates necessary for safe and reliable function in such an extremely compact design.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    IIRC, AMT went through several ownership/location changes over its lifespan, lost patent infringement suits by Ruger on both their "Lightning" models (rifle and pistol) and was plagued with recurring QC issues in virtually all of their products.

I owned one of their 1911-A1 GM copies and a DAO Backup .45. The former worked fine OTB, but had several dimensional issues which made "upgrading/customizing" with aftermarket parts difficult. The latter worked like a champ despite a whopping 17 lb. trigger pull. Extremely difficult to make it any lighter due to the action geometry and spring rates necessary for safe and reliable function in such an extremely compact design.
    :eek: Seems like that might be hard to get use to.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010

Last I had heard/read, AMT (Arcadia Machine & Tool) was bought by High Standard, who still manufactures some AMT models.

My first pistol was their Automag II with the 3" barrel. It never worked very well, but .22 magnum from that short barrel is waaaay cool! :rockwoot:

ol' poke

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Actually jason it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds. With some practice, putting all six rds. in the center of a paper plate at 7 to 10 yds. quickly was fairly easy to learn to do. The groove in the top of the slide instead of conventional sights made the learning process tougher than the trigger, IMO. It was smaller and easier to hide completely than a J-frame Smith, weighed about the same as an all-steel one and made bigger holes in stuff. Sometimes I'm sorry I sold it, but I needed cash and somebody waived enough more of it at me than I originally gave for it to convince me to let it go.

Top Bottom