• ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No one is perfect!

Like most good Presidents their first term is good and the second is lackluster, due to lame duck status. I've read that he felt he had no choice but to sign the Brady bill. Brady was a very close friend of Reagan's. And Reagan signed the bill as a favor to his close friend, and pressure from his advisors. The Reagan Tax Cuts nearly doubled the intake to the treasury from $500 billion to over $900 billion. But in order to get his cuts he had to give the Dems something, so spending went up. And in the second term the spending got more out of control to get things Regan wanted for the milatary, he had to give the Dems even more. that's as simple as I can make it. And the nature of politics! :patriot:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    No problem, just a small area for her to deal with, lets see how different she is in a bigger pond.

I see she would not let a guy pay his traffic fine with pennies, sounds like the judgment of a century.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No problem, just a small area for her to deal with, lets see how different she is in a bigger pond.

I see she would not let a guy pay his traffic fine with pennies, sounds like the judgment of a century.
    If you had bothered to read the story, you would have seen that she requested he not pay in pennies, so as to not cause her clerks to be punished. He chose not to do it. He wasn't ordered not to. There's a significant difference. As for her locale, she still has the same powers as any other judge in Indiana. No more, no less.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Calvin Coolidge and George Washington. By pure libertarian standards, the only good presidents.

If there have only been two good ones, and even a Ronald Reagan is too statist for you, I submit your problem is with our system as it was created.

For you anarchists, I understand that's your stated position. Are the rest of you consciously taking that position?

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Ronald Reagan was a famous actor turned president that was chosen by the financial institution to serve as a puppet while they pushed every bit of self-fullfilling, de-regulating piece of legislation through the system. He was so popular because American's loved Chesterfields. His administration is also the reason that you and I can't buy a machine gun for less than $10k. I don't even want to start on the War on Drugs...........WTF....I just puked all over my computer...

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Ronald Reagan was a famous actor turned president that was chosen by the financial institution to serve as a puppet while they pushed every bit of self-fullfilling, de-regulating piece of legislation through the system. He was so popular because American's loved Chesterfields. His administration is also the reason that you and I can't buy a machine gun for less than $10k. I don't even want to start on the War on Drugs...........WTF....I just puked all over my computer...

That about sums it up. Reagan was a great figurehead. But he was not a great president, unless you subscribe to the theory that a president should be nothing but a figurehead.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you had bothered to read the story, you would have seen that she requested he not pay in pennies, so as to not cause her clerks to be punished. He chose not to do it. He wasn't ordered not to. There's a significant difference. As for her locale, she still has the same powers as any other judge in Indiana. No more, no less.

I read the story, if you bothered to read my post you would see that being POTUS and being a judge that takes on the monumental task of what to do with $25.00 in pennies is hardly the same. BTW when a judge asks you to do something in that small of a town, I think you better do it or take your chances on what happens next time.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I read the story, if you bothered to read my post you would see that being POTUS and being a judge that takes on the monumental task of what to do with $25.00 in pennies is hardly the same. BTW when a judge asks you to do something in that small of a town, I think you better do it or take your chances on what happens next time.
    Oh, sorry. I didn't realise that POTUS (which you never mentioned) was the only political office that counted. My bad. :rolleyes:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Oh, sorry. I didn't realise that POTUS (which you never mentioned) was the only political office that counted. My bad. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it since Judge Susan Bell could not "rule" that the man not use perfectly legal tender to pay his fine, she did in fact use her "powerful" position as a judge to force him to do it by making a suggestion that was uncalled for. Her clerk is paid by the people, if this man wanted to use pennies, it's not illegal so this makes her a tyranical jurist! LOL.

I don't have any love for Reagan, in fact since he got that Selective Service Registration going again, I thought I would get drafted. Comparing Reagan to Carter though makes Reagan look very good, comparing Slick Willie to Bush well I'll take Bush at least he didn't get caught playing cigar store indian with the help. Other then that I'm not impressed with any of them.

Top Bottom