Annual Low Light Outing 5DEC Riley Conservation Club 1700 to ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thank you to all attending. I thought the class went well. Good discussion and the weather, a bit cold, was well in our favor. I overheard one state "I wish the weather had been worse." I got really good feedback on where the class needs to go for the old hands as well as validation of the basic class.
    We'll do it again in 2021. Hopefully, not with airsoft pistols.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    This was my umpteenth time doing this class, and I’ve learned every time. The evolution of the regulars’ gear has always been interesting, especially since a lot of the same conclusions are reached.

I’ve accepted as of last night I may be done with iron sights. There were times when I could not see the front sight without way too many seconds wasted maneuvering the light, or maybe not even then. I’ve said for at least three years that a red (or green) dot was going to be a necessity soon and that time may be here. And not just for low/no light.

Using a revolver at night is a *****. I had to try it one more time after flailing last year. I was only slightly better this time. It’s fun, in a way, but it’s also far from a good choice let alone the best one.

It was good seeing the Rhino again after a long dry spell.

Once again the night was a great exchange of thoughts, ideas, and bodily fluids. I think all left satisfied.

Looking forward to next year.

EDIT: You know what we haven’t done? Shotguns. Just sayin’.

Top Bottom