• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I have a friend that at a time prefered i didnt carry at her house. Took her shooting one time and she became a little more comfortable around guns.

After a rash of local break ins, that included the front door to her parents house being kicked in, she is now asking my help with the purchase of her first gun. :D

Now I thought that was pretty awesome, but she called me today to asked what she needed to do to get her LTCH!!

As I type this, she is on her way to EPD to apply :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Congratulations! It is great that you help her with her questions and concerns. Rep to you, sir. Don't forget to have her sign up on INGO. :)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It's great to make converts. It's also really sad that it sometimes takes a very close call for the logic to sink in. Congratulations to her, and keep checking with her about it. And now another one will now be able to protect herself and her loved ones. :yesway:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Its nice to see women joining the ranks! Nothing sexier than girls and guns!
    But seriously, I think every woman should take the step and join the ranks, women need to protect themselves just as much as anyone else!
    Congrats on converting!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    It seems like most people I meet (who have no experience with guns) think guns are evil and should be banned... until they get robbed or assaulted... then they beg me to come protect them because they have no tools of defense or knowledge of ANYTHING related to weapons.

Im glad you helped her. Its always nice to add another anti-gun person to our side. Although im not going to risk my life to run over and save someone that told me I should be ashamed of myself for owning a gun.

:twocents:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Update:
    Took her to Gander yesterday to look around, She is not buying from there but since we have conflicting schedules it was the only place open. She immediately spotted a Bersa Thunder .380 with the CT grips. Turns out the grips werent comfortable to here, but luckily they had one without the CT grips.....Loved it. She also checked out a Walther PK380.

After the surprisingly knowledgeable salesman gave her a run down of both guns "none of which she understood", She decided she like the Walther better, and that it felt better in her hands (I hated the Walther, especially the mag release).

So now we are checking local shops for a PK380 at a lower price. Gander was having a saturday sale so it was marked at $419 and the Bersa was $299 ( I dont even have the slightest clue what either sells for.

I also managed to grab a box of 100 .223 for the $29.99 sale, and fondled a PX4 Storm in 9mm (I want .40), It felt good in my hands

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have had similar experiences with some of my female friends and coworkers. Being an ICU Nurse for 20 years I have converted a few anti gun females into gun owners. It's amazing how quickly a person changes their opinions on gun ownership when crime hits close to home. Good job and congrats.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Kudos for your effort and all your support. IT is a shame about her parents house but I guess sometimes it does take something like that to wake some people up sort of speak.
    I just purchased me a Lady Smith 38 and I love it. Light weight enough and I am a revolver gal anyway. Just call me old fashioned but I want reliabilty everytime.
    I hope she finds that perfect gun for her...

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    I went shooting with my husband & our son for the 1st time this past weekend and REALLY liked it!!! Am so looking forward to going again. It was encouraging because for some reason I did pretty well - even kept the paper target to take home as proof.

I think if more women would go to the practice range and improve their shooting skills they'd like shooting even better. It's up there on my priority list now.

:):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JJSHOOTS
    Top Bottom