• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The wolf is at the door and I've only got 2 Mosin Nagants left. A Valmet (?) M91 1941 that still had the test fire target hanging on it when I bought it and an M91/59 Tula, 1943, that I also believe is unfired.

Which one would you keep and why?
    [/FONT]

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Darn...that is a problem...I would keep them both and sell something else.
    They are not big buck guns, but they would be almost impossible to replace in that condition.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The wolf is at the door and I've only got 2 Mosin Nagants left. A Valmet (?) M91 1941 that still had the test fire target hanging on it when I bought it and an M91/59 Tula, 1943, that I also believe is unfired.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Which one would you keep and why?[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Keep the Finn, dump the 91/59. The Finn will be a better shooter and have more up side in the future.91/59 is a fun carbine to shoot, but will never equal the Finn for accuracy or prestiege

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I was gonna make a new thread for this, but I'll post it here instead.

You people who keep saying the Mosin Nagant kicks like a mule are wussies. :D
    I
    I got a 91/30 some months ago and declared you guys wussies then, so you all told me to wait until I get a carbine. Well, here I am at the range today[I'm typing this on my phone]with my newly acquired M44. The recoil IS harder than the 91/30, but it's still nothing like you guys made it out to be.

Wussies :p

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    When I take my M-44 or my sporterized 91/30 I am good for about 30rds and then I am ready to switch to something more tame.

picture.php

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The surplus ammo dont kick but i got some Brown Bear thats got more kick but not to bad its rather enjoyable
    Really? I had some brown bear and some surplus stuff([STRIKE]yugo maybe?[/STRIKE] Albanian) and the surplus definitely hit more than the bear stuff.

Went through at least 100 round of the stuff, most of it the surplus.

Last edited:

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    Really? I had some brown bear and some surplus stuff([strike]yugo maybe?[/strike] Albanian) and the surplus definitely hit more than the bear stuff.

Went through at least 100 round of the stuff, most of it the surplus.

Im not sure what kinda surplus it was i got it at Dunhums its all they had when i bought it. But the Brwon Bear was hotter but the kick dont bother me I just enjoy shooting them cant wait to add more to the collection. Ill be getting a can or two of surplus in the next month so ill compare that with the others

Top Bottom